The Mighty Thor footage!

I'm not AS tired of Anthony Hopkins as much as I'm tired of say Ben Kingsley and John Malkovich (usually the bad guys in bad scifi/fantasy) but he's definitely wearing out his welcome and not particularly suited for Odin either IMHO. I'm not sure who else I'd have suggested though.

I am rather tired of movies where the faces of the actors distract from the characters (like Hopkins in this instance). I guess at least they're leaning away from A-listers for the title role which is a small positive.

Otherwise, it's definitely a different look for the movie than what I was expecting. I'm having a hard time envisioning where they're going with this.

The desert scene with the gas station which is obviously in "our" world reminds me a bit of Ang Lee's Hulk movie because so much of it was based in locations like that. I wonder how much of the movie will be in Asgaard and how much will be in "our" world.

I am looking forward to the Loki costume. Looks like you see a glimpse of it towards the end of the interview.

Do you mean this? Looks pretty neat, but how do you know it's Loki? Do they mention that in the interview? (I am Deaf, so not able to make out what they are actually saying). It looks like it could be battle/ceremonial armor as well, but I'm unfamiliar with the Ultimates Thor line.

Pics behind the spoiler tags.
6449416.png
6520257.png

Footage was neat. Hopkins looked cool. But what a BORING interview.

Plus one to that dude. Possibly one of the most boring interviews ever. I like it when the guy asks "Tell me about the chemistry between you two" and Portman is like "uh... there was... a lot of chemistry". Yikes. I'm all for fluff pieces, but man, that interview sets the bar pretty high on awfulness.

On the other hand, Odin looked pretty cool.

Plus one to that dude. Possibly one of the most boring interviews ever. I like it when the guy asks "Tell me about the chemistry between you two" and Portman is like "uh... there was... a lot of chemistry". Yikes. I'm all for fluff pieces, but man, that interview sets the bar pretty high on awfulness.

On the other hand, Odin looked pretty cool.
And if I saw the interviewer make one more goofy face at an answer, I swear I was going to drive to LA and kidney punch him til he pisses blood.

I don't get the grief about Hopkins. He looks the part of Odin, in the face. They can always manipulate how large he is onscreen.

I'm certainly not saying Hopkins is a bad actor but don't you ever get tired of seeing the same actors again and again? I definitely do. For me personally he doesn't really look how I picture Odin plus his familiarity gets in the way of the character for me. But to each his own.

Regardless, I think I'll wind up liking the movie. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing some nicer character photos and the movie trailer.

As for the thing about Loki, I could be wrong but that screencap of the figure with the big things on his helmet looks like a statue like you'd expect to see in a palace. My bet is that that isn't Loki.

Do you mean this? Looks pretty neat, but how do you know it's Loki? Do they mention that in the interview? (I am Deaf, so not able to make out what they are actually saying). It looks like it could be battle/ceremonial armor as well, but I'm unfamiliar with the Ultimates Thor line.

Pics behind the spoiler tags.
6449416.png
6520257.png
Yes I was referring to that. It would makes sense because he is Thor's brother and they come from the same background so his armor would be similar to that.

I'm certainly not saying Hopkins is a bad actor but don't you ever get tired of seeing the same actors again and again? I definitely do. For me personally he doesn't really look how I picture Odin plus his familiarity gets in the way of the character for me. But to each his own.

Regardless, I think I'll wind up liking the movie. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing some nicer character photos and the movie trailer.

As for the thing about Loki, I could be wrong but that screencap of the figure with the big things on his helmet looks like a statue like you'd expect to see in a palace. My bet is that that isn't Loki.
The guy has range. That is what makes him a great actor. Plus, he fits pert near every drawing I recall of Odin.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back