Help with Nazgul/Ringwraith feet

N2darkness

Sr Member
Hey guys, anyone out there have a tutorial or suggestions on making some Nazgul or Ringwraith sbattons and greives? (feet and shin covers) Some templates if there are any available would be great or some links online somewhere to find a pair. There were some on evilbay awhile ago but rather expensive. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I'm trying to put together a 1:1 Nazgul.

100_1979.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Help with Nagul/Ringwriath feet

thats look really cool. There are plenty of pics online, I think making them out of sintra would be the way to go. Post pics when u start!

You can probably look around at LARP/SCA/Ren group sites and see if anybody has templates for greaves and sabutons or just make your own based on screen caps and other reference. The sabutons shouldn't be too hard since they're articulate (I think) which could probably do with strips of plastic riveted together. The greaves might be a bit trickier to make and it might be easier to buy something that looks close and mod to match the real thing. Alternately, if you want to save a little money or no off the shelf greaves match you could try making your own pattern on paper, transfer it to cardstock and give it a Pep treatment.

Here is my thread:

http://www.therpf.com/f24/wip-witch-king-angmar-86074/

Haven't updated in about a week(Edit, I just updated it with where I'm at with what you are doing), as alot of what I'm working on is in progress. But it may give you a few ideas.

I template out of cardboard and paper stock. Then cut it out of styrene. Use a heat gun to mold it, then rivet it together and paint.

It's a really cheap solution, but it is a little trial and error.

Edit: Also, I would add a few more layers of cloth to that costume. Naz'gul apparently had around 70 yards of fabric each on them.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone of the help. I ended up buying a pair of greaves and spattons from Armsteet amoury. I'm going to be doing some mannequin alterations to change the arm positions to be holding the sword in front with both hands next.

DSC00122_zpsylninj6p.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back