Ahsoka Tano (with final pics)

iycis

Sr Member
Its all coming together now. And here we go...

Headpiece by Webchief.
Jewelry by me.
Leather work by Lonewolf1183.
Top is done; haven't hemmed my skirt yet so no pics of either of the soft parts yet.

EDIT with updated photos 8/17/10:
Just got back from CV and I added some more photos of me in my completed costume.

I would like to say that this costume is super time consuming to get ready for. The airbrushing takes a while as well as applying a bald cap and the headpiece. I would not recommend this to anyone who wants to do this for a child unless you do a bodysuit instead of make up, except on the face.

That said, I have a great response from CV attendees. I was swamped by kids coming up to me in awe. So all in all....a lot of work (and really expensive on this costume too) but I had a good time wearing it. :)

Last edited:
Re: Ahsoka Tano progress

Lonewolf1183 wet molded them to fit my leg and then he sculpted and cast the buckles in resin.

A friend in my garrison made the lightsaber. I asked him if he would offer to make more for anyone who wanted them but he declined sadly.

Damn, that's a shame. There's practically no one who makes them. I've only found one other maker thus far and their communication was so poor I would never send them money.

The leather work is just fantastic, especially that belt panel/tabard. Do you have any contact info for Lonewolf1183? I was planning on making the leather pieces for my girlfriend's costume but if that doesn't work out I'd love to see if he can make her a set like yours.

Also, where did you get the different beads for the jewelry?

Yes, well I told him the same thing that there wasn't anyone else making them. But he said that it was complicated enough that he wasn't up to making more. :\

Lonewolf1183 is a member here so you could PM him. If not, I can ask him what contact info I can give out with his permission.

I think it would be somewhat complicated for him to make the shingaurds because he wet formed them to fit my legs specifically. The rest would be easier to do. He might be up for doing a run of buckles now that he made the mold.

I bought the beads at a bead shop locally. I could make a set for sale if you can't find anything near you. Probably would run about $35 for supplies and labor.

That all looks really great! Reminds me exactly of mine since I also used leather and had the hilt custom-made :D Only way to go!

~Victoria

I just spent the last 30 min experimenting with Smooth On Skin-Tite silicone to blend my forehead with the headpiece and to cover my eyebrows. I am so intimidated by using that stuff. I made such a mess but I think I got the hang of how to apply it finally. I'm definately wearing gloves next time because it wouldn't come off my hands easily. The surface when it cures is so rubbery that I have a hard time imagining that make up will ever stick to it. So we'll see. Maybe tomorrow night I'll try it again and airbrush my make up over to see how it goes.

Also, the website for Smooth On says that taking it off is easy once it cures, but it was NOT pleasant pulling that off my eyebrows. Even with oil to loosen it, it felt like pulling bands aids off of hair. :cry

That all looks really great! Reminds me exactly of mine since I also used leather and had the hilt custom-made :D Only way to go!

~Victoria

Thanks. I didn't see anything on your website about this costume. Do you have info on how you did yours or pics?

Wow ! Oil on eyebrows ? It's not thick enough to protect the scales structure of the human hair. You have to use vaseline for that, if you to go with something as invasive as silicone.

Besides, I never glued the eyebrows once in my make-up fx career, I always glued the pieces around, making sure they weren't loose over the eyebrows.

So that leaves you with tree possibilities, actually. You can paint some white over the eyebrows with a make-up paint; Go with Darth Mule suggestion which is a good one, or sculpting pieces to be made weither latex, gelatine or silicone with extra thin edges to avoid to have to put more material on in order to hide the edges, and glue them with Pros-Aide. Anyway, use the white surfaces to your advantaqe ! :)

Good luck ! ^_^

Is the Kryolan the same thing as the Ben Nye scar wax? I have some of that left over from a theatrical make up course. I'd rather use it if it would work rather than buy something new.

Yeah the oil removal trick is what they used in the "how to" video on the Smooth On website. Not the greatest though...

Is the Kryolan the same thing as the Ben Nye scar wax? I have some of that left over from a theatrical make up course. I'd rather use it if it would work rather than buy something new.

Yeah the oil removal trick is what they used in the "how to" video on the Smooth On website. Not the greatest though...

Should be about the same. Keep in mind with that though, heat and sweat will have an effect on it.

Well, as long as you don't sweat from your eyebrow :lol

Remember that this isn't an untested technique. Drag queens see far more heat and sweat in their performances than we do dressing up like Star Wars characters.

Yes, its pretty much the same stuff. We used the Nye Scar wax to block out eyebrows in makeup class.

Vaseline, as Davlin suggested, will, I believe, inhibit the curing of the silicone adhesive. Also not sure how well the prosaide works with silicone.

Well, as long as you don't sweat from your eyebrow :lol

Remember that this isn't an untested technique. Drag queens see far more heat and sweat in their performances than we do dressing up like Star Wars characters.

Yeah, but coupled with the heat generated from her head underneath the silicone head piece, and her forehead is likely to sweat and run down into the wax. Of course, I'm in the very humid south, and some adhesives have problems here too. But I have had trouble with morticians wax (same as the Ben Nye) during the summer. Used it on a TV movie where a man had a large boil on his foot. Sweat wrecked havoc on that all day.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back