Tron Legacy Costume

Hi, can someone here make me a Tron costume? Or more importantly something similar for my dog, maybe a light cycle or something else from the film. I need a dog an owner themed costume combo, and I'd love to do the Tron one, except this is beyond my skill set... Thanks.

Hi, can someone here make me a Tron costume? Or more importantly something similar for my dog, maybe a light cycle or something else from the film. I need a dog an owner themed costume combo, and I'd love to do the Tron one, except this is beyond my skill set... Thanks.

If you want a super simple costume; wear all black and wrap EL wire around your legs, arms and chest. Same thing for the dog. Find a dog shirt and attached some EL wire onto the shirt.

An easier costume would be black jeans, black shirt, black boots, and attached some El wire or tape to a black jacket. Instant flashback young Kevin Flynn.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can go even easier, black outfit and instead of EL wire buy some bulk reflective strip adhesive tape. Won't look like much at first, but take a picture with flash and POW, tron costume.

Here's a 50 foot roll. Recommend sewing in place, adhesive falls off fabric.
http://amzn.com/B0010AZU9U

Corren: That is WAY awesome! Very different take, I like it.
Did you have any breakage problems with your el wire?
I attached the wire with a clear thread whip stitch and leaving sections of wire at my elbow and knees free to bend gradually to avoid sharp bends in an effort to prevent breaking. I wore it 4 times for 4-6 hours at a time and never had any problems with breaking.

You could also perhaps lightly sand or steel wool the underside of the vinyl to aid in diffusion. I did that with the lenses of my Ghostbusters proton pack and it worked pretty well.

Russ

I also did it with iron man and it worked well enough.

A question for those that have finished a Tron Legacy costume. How many layers do you have under your costume? I know for the movie they had a little more so not to get burned by the wire and lights.... thanks

Okay, I'm going to sound like a noob, but there's no other way to ask this.

What is the stretchy materiel made of? Is there a manufacturer that sells the materiel online? Or is this something that has to be made by yourself?

And AMAZING costume by the way.

-The Armorer

I don't know if there is any manufacturer per say of specific Tron Legacy spandex but Soulinertia (a member here) did a run of it a while back.

I'm putting together a Kevin Flynn robe-set (with El-Tape) with identity disk (courtesy of Soul Inertia); I'm having a difficult time hunting down anyone else who has attempted this; or how they created the back-mount for the identity disk. Any help for a newb?

OK so it's been a while for this post but but hey Flynn Lives!

Anyway for those of you who but a suit arena / Clu / Rinzler

How did you build up the details shoulders etc? Stacking sheets of foam?

Thanks

Got another update: http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2...__07___helmet_02_by_petitealtesse-d4rbdd8.png

(Sorry for the messy work room. We're in the middle of remodeling it. lol)

The first picture is showing the original size of the helmet compared to the size it is now. My fiancee took it in about 50%.

The next pictures are to show the helmet on me (now with tint). And I know... I need to polish it. lol

The bottom two are to show the hands lit up, both in light, and in dark. Now, they are not done. I know they look rough right now. This is all the base. There will be more details added.

We also put on layer of black latex paint onto the chest and some on the legs.

Altesse: I've been following this for a while, I'm working on a Rinzler as well. (I'll post some pictures soon). What did you use to light the gloves?

Since I'm asking questions I thought I'd also post some pics to show the status of my current Rinzler costume. One thing I wanted to focus on being able to do was take one disc and split it into two discs like he does in the movie. So my current discs unfortunately do not light up, but they do split, and they glow pretty well in light. I used reflective tape.

Good idea with the splitting disks. What holds them together, and how easy is it to 'split' them apart?

Holy Large Pictures, Batman! =)

@Crimson: Yeah sorry about the large pictures. It's my camera's default setting. The discs are held together with 3 magnets on the outer ring of each disc. They come apart quite easily if you pull or slide them, but otherwise stay together quite well. One of the discs has an additional 3 magnets on its inner ring to attach to the mount on my back. (The disc on the right in the second picture)

I bought this jacket at ROSS for $28. It is a GREAT budget Flynn "Flashback" jacket. I will be adding the EL strips in it for the 30th Celebration!

Dsc04983_zpsc9ef753a.jpg

Dsc04988_zpsefbe82e1.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back