Tron Legacy Costume

300382_10150260662750887_582020886_8149258_878840_n.jpg

298622_10150260662780887_582020886_8149259_8030676_n.jpg

Fail! the first finger won't light up. had experimented with solid core wire, and its to stiff, and I think it loosened the rivet connections the el tape.

Had hoped this would be done for D23, but to now avail.

Hey all! I'm new here. I love putting together costumes for Halloween and have my heart set on a Quorra costume for this year.

Out of curiosity, has anyone actually tried the powerless illuminating ribbon mentioned several pages back? I noticed that someone discounted it because of its price, but I also noticed that the ribbon itself is 2.75" wide, so could be easily cut in strips. Does anyone know approximately how much length is required for the Quorra costume?

I looked at the EL wire and EL tape options, and it seems like using these can be a frustrating process, besides the durability issues.

Thanks!

Greetings my first post here. I found this forum while doing research for a Gem Siren costume and I have to say you all really have some brilliant advice and I hope this can get me finally in gear to make this outfit.

My thoughts are to use neoprene but I am still trying to decide what thickness. I read that for home sewing machines not to go higher than 4mm and was considering 2 or 3mm. But I am not sure how heavy/light this would be. Any advice or thoughts?

Last edited:
Re: Siren suit progress....

Hi all,

Haven't had time to post my progress regarding the making of my Siren costume due to the fact it caused nothing but problems sewing it with the fabric rubberized.

Just wanted to give some pointers for anyone wanting to attempt to make the suits.

Thank you for the warnings I have been considering going the neoprene route but still trying to find out how heavy/thick the different weights are and if i would sweat to death in it!

Yes, very disappointing the pink in the lite tape. That is why I didn't even bother wearing my Quorra suit to SDCC in the day time because I would have nothing but pics of me online of my suit and pink lights. Everyone would be like, why does she have pink strips in her suit. It does not look good at all in the day time.

Even with flash photography, it blows out my lights show up at all and the tape shows up pink in photos.

Kinda disappointing, but what can you do. A photographer really has to play with the settings in his camera to capture the light and the costumers suit just right, not to mention having a good PRO camera kinda helps. I think cell phone pics, flash off, are actually not that bad with Tron light up costumes. ;)

Does anyone know where to get WOWO EL tape instead of POWO EL tape? I'm having a hard time tracking some down.

At this point I am willing to take the hit on overall brightness if it means I can wear the costume during the day and keep the white detail. Is this a bad idea? :confused

Does anyone know where to get WOWO EL tape instead of POWO EL tape? I'm having a hard time tracking some down.

At this point I am willing to take the hit on overall brightness if it means I can wear the costume during the day and keep the white detail. Is this a bad idea? :confused

I'm not sure about EL tape, but this site sells cutable EL sheets that are WOWO. I'm planning on going with that.
Here's the site: EL Sheets

Oh man! Been so busy making costumes for DragonCon haven't been in here in awhile and just saw the edits you guys did to my Quorra costume pic. Thank you! LOVE IT :)

and here is a high-res if you want a go at it. It is SUPER big! If this is too large of a file, just let me know so I can resize. Not sure how high of a REZ you need it to be :)

I just love being edited into the Tron Legacy movie backgrounds. Really makes you feel like you're in the TRON world ;) plus not having a million ppl walking in the background looks good too!

IMG_3075 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

First pic I found of my suit from Chicago CC.
Hope I can find one of me lit up! haha

Very nice look to your costume! Glad you found a pic of you lite up :D looks awesome!

Last edited:
Update to my Siren Gem suit progress. Here are a few photos of progress shots of my suit. As of now it is actually complete. Just haven't had time to do any tests shots of me wearing the costume so you can see me in it better.

This pattern was A TOTAL PAIN in THE REAR END!! Sewing it, TOTAL PAIN IN THE REAR END!

Man, and I am not kidding. I am surprised I haven't been hauled off to a looney bin figuring all this out :lol :wacko

My good friend Grace designed the pattern for me and I sewed it. Kit Quinn is making the same suit. We will be debuting them at DragonCon. I am going to be Siren Gem and she, the dark haired Siren. If I get my freaking blond wig styled right, we will look pretty damn close to the actual movie characters.... I hope ;) well I know Kit looks very much like the dark haired Siren. Me on the other hand has a big challenge ahead of me to look like Gem. Wish me luck.

We are not even going to bother rubberizing the fabric to the suits. That is yet another obsticle to deal with. We think we have it right, but no time to do any more testing before D*Con.

We can always come back and rubberize the suits later after we do a proper test with the latex and colorizing it. For now, we don't want to risk ruining these precious suits of ours so close to going to D*Con.

I also included a couple pics of our Siren discs I mod'd for us and my new and improved (for the 100th time it seems but this one is a keeper) Quorra disc. LED light SMD strips, C-ring and outer ring provided by the amazing Soulinertia.

ENJOY! and will update you all after DragonCon with new pics :D SO EXCITED!!!

Attachments

• photo_1.JPG
    photo_1.JPG
    165.7 KB · Views: 241
  • photo_2.JPG
    photo_2.JPG
    179.7 KB · Views: 282
  • 297078_234177939952619_125823480788066_545445_5822417_n[1].JPG
    297078_234177939952619_125823480788066_545445_5822417_n[1].JPG
    175.9 KB · Views: 497
  • disc.JPG
    disc.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 236
Is the outer ring the same in both pictures of the disc? the first picture of the disc looks like the disc twinight made for his son with the outer ring that is actually flat
Update to my Siren Gem suit progress. Here are a few photos of progress shots of my suit. As of now it is actually complete. Just haven't had time to do any tests shots of me wearing the costume so you can see me in it better.

This pattern was A TOTAL PAIN in THE REAR END!! Sewing it, TOTAL PAIN IN THE REAR END!

Man, and I am not kidding. I am surprised I haven't been hauled off to a looney bin figuring all this out :lol :wacko

My good friend Grace designed the pattern for me and I sewed it. Kit Quinn is making the same suit. We will be debuting them at DragonCon. I am going to be Siren Gem and she, the dark haired Siren. If I get my freaking blond wig styled right, we will look pretty damn close to the actual movie characters.... I hope ;) well I know Kit looks very much like the dark haired Siren. Me on the other hand has a big challenge ahead of me to look like Gem. Wish me luck.

We are not even going to bother rubberizing the fabric to the suits. That is yet another obsticle to deal with. We think we have it right, but no time to do any more testing before D*Con.

We can always come back and rubberize the suits later after we do a proper test with the latex and colorizing it. For now, we don't want to risk ruining these precious suits of ours so close to going to D*Con.

I also included a couple pics of our Siren discs I mod'd for us and my new and improved (for the 100th time it seems but this one is a keeper) Quorra disc. LED light SMD strips, C-ring and outer ring provided by the amazing Soulinertia.

ENJOY! and will update you all after DragonCon with new pics :D SO EXCITED!!!

Very nice look to your costume! Glad you found a pic of you lite up :D looks awesome!

Thanks Annisse!
It's tough to get love on this thread apparently, much appreciated :)
Got my pics back from Chicago Comic Con, so I'll post those later today
Your Siren is coming along quite awesomely!

Aw man, Anisse you erase my will to live with your costumes T.T I wanted to do Silk Spectre once but that`s pretty much off now LOL, seriously i`m DYING to see your Gem! and are there more pics of your EOL waitress?

Thanks Annisse!
It's tough to get love on this thread apparently, much appreciated :)
Got my pics back from Chicago Comic Con, so I'll post those later today
Your Siren is coming along quite awesomely!

Of course! I know how difficult lighting these costumes are so totally can appreciate and understand all the hard work you put into yours as well as everyone else in the forum that has done the same. You going to wear yours again for Halloween or before then?

Is the outer ring the same in both pictures of the disc? the first picture of the disc looks like the disc twinight made for his son with the outer ring that is actually flat

No, our Siren outer ring is different than my Quorra disc.

What I did on our Siren discs was take the Kevin Flynn clear outer ring and Exacto knife off all around it to fit perfectly around the outer edge. I left the original LEDs in there and now we get this subtle lighted effect around the edges when you see our discs on our backs. I like the subtle look as oppossed to a massive amount of bright LEDs in there cuz the Sirens in the movie's discs are not used to fight just more of an accent. In fact, I don't even remember any of the Sirens discs lighting up at all? But I wanted us to have some lighting on our costumes since we will only be using reflective tape on the costumes. It is really cool though, it's this clear gloss PVC coated reflective tape so when the light hits it, it'll pick up the shininess in the tape :)

Hi programs!

I hope this Halloween I would post more pics of our Sam and Quorra costumes, keep up the hard work!

Yes!!! Please post more of your Sam and Quorra pics! Been dying to see more of your costume work!

Aw man, Anisse you erase my will to live with your costumes T.T I wanted to do Silk Spectre once but that`s pretty much off now LOL, seriously i`m DYING to see your Gem! and are there more pics of your EOL waitress?

Thank you :) and I do have to post my EOL Line Club waitress pics still. Just simply no time working around the clock trying to get my costumes finished on time for D*Con. I will though promise!

Of course! I know how difficult lighting these costumes are so totally can appreciate and understand all the hard work you put into yours as well as everyone else in the forum that has done the same. You going to wear yours again for Halloween or before then?

NO KIDDING!! Especially when you have NO BODY FORM!!!
Had to make this sucker complete by just holding it up to my body,
then checking it in the mirror, then making cuts, then sizing it up again,
and so on and so on. Pain in the *****. And on top of it all, the material I
used somehow shrunk when I plastidiped and pod podged it :unsure Had to
totally change it over-night in our hotel so I could actually wear for just
one day of the con. But it worked, and it was a huge hit!!! Took like a
billion pictures with people, and so many people were freaking out saying
"you made that!?! how did you make it?? what materials are those??"
It was such a cool feeling, never done any kind of costume making or
cosplaying AT ALL until my TRON and my friend's sparkly Babydoll. I have
you and everyone on this thread to thank for the success of my costume
:)

That is AWESOME! and I too went threw exactly what you did to size my Quorra armor to my body.

Try trying to shape and mold a flat piece of latex sheeting onto your body, was not fun but I kept going and never gave up.

I think next to my SSII costume, this has to be the proudest cosplay costuming moment I have ever had.

Ppl at Comic Con were absoultely speechless. Couldn't believe I made the costume, I would tell them where I got the lighting from HA! like they are even going to remember what I said. LOL! just totally tripping out on the fact it lit up. Really awesome feeling.

You study the character so much, you almost feel like you are them. I try really hard to get Quorra's poster poses down when I take my pics too.

That is great you were able to figure out how to fix your costume to wear it since it shrunk on you. UGGGHHHH!! trust me, I know how you feel. All these costume problems on top of the technical difficulities with the lighting every single time I put my Quorra on, I am proud of myself for now losing it..... well, I think I lost it once when the stupid El Wire version I had totally broke off it's wiring and had to be soldered onto me when I was already late for the TL movie screening. HA! and then the electricity went out in our house one night too! I couldn't see anything I was doing to get it on! What ***** luck is that?!??!

That is pretty amazing you have not done any costuming before your Tron costume. When you really want to do something and really put your heart and soul into, you can make anything you want happen! :)

NO KIDDING!! Especially when you have NO BODY FORM!!!
Had to make this sucker complete by just holding it up to my body,
then checking it in the mirror, then making cuts, then sizing it up again,
and so on and so on. Pain in the *****. And on top of it all, the material I
used somehow shrunk when I plastidiped and pod podged it :unsure Had to
totally change it over-night in our hotel so I could actually wear for just
one day of the con. But it worked, and it was a huge hit!!! Took like a
billion pictures with people, and so many people were freaking out saying
"you made that!?! how did you make it?? what materials are those??"
It was such a cool feeling, never done any kind of costume making or
cosplaying AT ALL until my TRON and my friend's sparkly Babydoll. I have
you and everyone on this thread to thank for the success of my costume
:)

That is AWESOME! and I too went threw exactly what you did to size my Quorra armor to my body.

Try trying to shape and mold a flat piece of latex sheeting onto your body, was not fun but I kept going and never gave up.

I think next to my SSII costume, this has to be the proudest cosplay costuming moment I have ever had.

Ppl at Comic Con were absoultely speechless. Couldn't believe I made the costume, I would tell them where I got the lighting from HA! like they are even going to remember what I said. LOL! just totally tripping out on the fact it lit up. Really awesome feeling.

You study the character so much, you almost feel like you are them. I try really hard to get Quorra's poster poses down when I take my pics too.

That is great you were able to figure out how to fix your costume to wear it since it shrunk on you. UGGGHHHH!! trust me, I know how you feel. All these costume problems on top of the technical difficulities with the lighting every single time I put my Quorra on, I am proud of myself for now losing it..... well, I think I lost it once when the stupid El Wire version I had totally broke off it's wiring and had to be soldered onto me when I was already late for the TL movie screening. HA! and then the electricity went out in our house one night too! I couldn't see anything I was doing to get it on! What ***** luck is that?!??!

That is pretty amazing you have not done any costuming before your Tron costume. When you really want to do something and really put your heart and soul into, you can make anything you want happen! :)

Thanks for the kind words Annisse! I know what you mean, I felt like I was part of the movie in that costume, SOOO MUCH FUN!! Wish I didn't live in Wisconsin, there's like no more cons around here =/ And also forgot to mention, the wire on my legs broke about 2 hours into walking around in it, so you're right about the fragility of EL wire. Here's the pics :

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back