Tron Legacy Costume

OMG, I just went through this whole thread! Whew.

I'm thinking of trying to do a costume using EVA foam and sanding it down for the correct profile. I'm not 100% sure yet, but am starting to think about it. Thanks to everyone that has done a lot of the testing! All this info helps out and gets me excited!

NOTE: This thread could have been like 15+ pages shorter if people didn't reply and quote the same 10pictures 5-10times, LOL. I may be new to this forum, but I'm not a forum newbie... Proper posting etiquette goes a long way!!

I hope to see more options for lighting and suit forming!

Disk electronics are finished.

A reed switch in the disk is triggered by a magnet in the hub to initialize the disk.
It is dimmer than you might remember because I had to power it with two A23 batteries rather than a standard 9V as I did earlier. I already had voltage regulators installed, so the different supply voltages did not matter.
http://members.cox.net/bstimson/disk2.WMV

Now I can focus on EL details for the costume.

Last edited:
This is probably the coolest disc I've seen thus far. Really liking the disc syncronizing when you attach it to the hub :thumbsup
Disk electronics are finished.

A reed switch in the disk is triggered by a magnet in the hub to initialize the disk.
It is dimmer than you might remember because I had to power it with two A23 batteries rather than a standard 9V as I did earlier. I already had voltage regulators installed, so the different supply voltages did not matter.
http://members.cox.net/bstimson/disk2.WMV

Now I can focus on EL details for the costume.

Hey just wanted to share this with everyone
EL Hoop of Bright Glowing EL Tape for Tron Costume | eBay

YES!! Is basically all I can say. That makes things a lot easier. If only it wasn't sold in England.

Also how did you guys cover various parts of your El tape? I have seen quotes that say electric tape works and others that say it doesn't. Which is it?

I already bought a couple of these, they are excellent value for money. Shame they didnt' come in yellow!!

Thank you, but most of the technique's I learned on how to light up my Quorra costume were all learned from here in the the RPF Tron costume thread.

What I know now, I sure wish I would have known back last year in August when I made my 1st Quorra costume in reflective tape when I did want to light it up originally but had absoultely no idea how to and this thread was like only on page 20 when the members where still trying to figure out how to light up their Tron costumes.

Consider yourself lucky if you are new and just joining now, most of us have saved you the leg work of figuring it all out. Doing a little digging threw this thread is alot less work then all the research that has been accomplished in here this far. ;)

Here's a new pic, and my now FAV so far, that I found online of me in my Quorra costume taken at Comic Con during the masquerade party on Sat. night.

anyone good with photoshop? I really want this pic of me PS'd into a Tron background ;)

rmohnl.jpg

I'll do you a little something if you like. You've seen my work on Cyna's pic.

Great job Moviebuff5 I would have cropped it but that looks fantastic. (y)thumbsup

Paul

Ok all, I need a bit of advice. I made my own program helmet, (I winged it so it has its own unique looks) its a 2 piece cardboard which I want to spray down. But should I paper mache it before i do so? I have no knowledge of resin but I want it all evened out so it looks like its all one layer. I'll put in a clear visor too but that will be last. Here's pics (i hope it will look better after its colored all black haha)

2011-08-15223655.jpg
[/IMG]
2011-08-15223718.jpg
[/IMG]
2011-08-15223617.jpg
[/IMG]

I'm also working on my own custom program suit, well just the upper half/shirt part but its in the works. Pics will be up once its finished, still need to sew a few parts on and add the reflective tape.

Thank you, but most of the technique's I learned on how to light up my Quorra costume were all learned from here in the the RPF Tron costume thread.

What I know now, I sure wish I would have known back last year in August when I made my 1st Quorra costume in reflective tape when I did want to light it up originally but had absoultely no idea how to and this thread was like only on page 20 when the members where still trying to figure out how to light up their Tron costumes.

Consider yourself lucky if you are new and just joining now, most of us have saved you the leg work of figuring it all out. Doing a little digging threw this thread is alot less work then all the research that has been accomplished in here this far. ;)

Here's a new pic, and my now FAV so far, that I found online of me in my Quorra costume taken at Comic Con during the masquerade party on Sat. night.

anyone good with photoshop? I really want this pic of me PS'd into a Tron background ;)

rmohnl.jpg

Here's my effort. Took half hour if you can provide the original image I can do one in better resolution. Enjoy :coolx

293508_10150352409800081_567675080_9965142_5849789_n.jpg

Paul

Eh... Did one too for the heck of it.

annisse-edited.jpg

And a slightly more "poster-like" version... (spray-paint "logo + chest light-strips," and crop)

annisse-edited-2.jpg

I could also easily make a higher-quality one if you have some sort of original full-sized photo, as paul said above. It would look much better...

Last edited:
Eh... Did one too for the heck of it.

annisse-edited.jpg

And a slightly different version... (spray-paint logo + chest light-strips, disc glow, and crop.)

annisse-edited-2.jpg

Very cool. It was a tough one to cut out wasn't it? due to dark areas, looks like
I may have left too much hair in there. Oh well I'll improve that next time round :cool

Paul

Very cool. It was a tough one to cut out wasn't it? due to dark areas, looks like
I may have left too much hair in there. Oh well I'll improve that next time round :cool

Paul

Well it is spotty looking.... (The original photo...) A higher quality one to work with would be a little nicer.

Last edited:
Hello there!

My girlfriend's Quorra boots. They are Victoria's Secret.
She just wore them once a little while. If someone is interested on them, they are a 9B (EU 40)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back