Good Burger AMC Pacer

MrSinistar

This car prop brings back a lot of memories for me as I saw Good Burger in 1997 (when I was 6 years old). Sure, it's cheesy (couldn't refuse that pun :lol), but I think it's pretty funny and cool.

900.jpg

gb83ay8.jpg

gb82ca2.jpg

I heard that it maybe one of the same Pacers used in Wayne's World (which makes sense due to the fact that both movies were made by Paramount).

Anyways, I did some really quick research and found that shortly after the movie was made "Hamburger Harry, the man behind the International Hamburger Hall of Fame and the Hamburger Museum in Daytona Beach, Florida" bought the car. I thought to myself, "hey I can go drive across the state and get a good look at it in the Hamburger muesum!"

Then I found this picture:

26853_1423324701253_1176796117_31287163_4166714_n.jpg

Here it is in 2009-10, in some lot in Daytona Beach, FL. :(

if that makes you sad, the Malibu Castle Golf location was torn down years ago. All thats left is a vacant muddy field and some overgrown areas that hide a couple of the miniature golf attractions like a cottage and house. I used to go there all the time as a kid in the 70's and 80's when it was all the rage. There was a water slide (old concrete one was torn down and a new one built over the course of some years time) , powerboats, pool, batting cages and I believe something else once the power boats were removed. I think it may have been pedal boats.

If your curious, look up the cross streets of Inglewood Ave and Marine Ave Lawndale CA 90260, follow Marine Ave (formally Compton Blvd) west just past the 405 freeway and it will be the field on the left. Lots of local history in that small area with what was once TRW right there as well. Just checked and google maps still show more than what is there unless the over growth is indeed hiding THAT much. There was a separate left and right side mini golf course with the castle itself being the divider between them.

"yeah i'll buy a hamburger car, and let it rust in my front lawn! i have a hamburger museum!"

some people are stupid. while i dont care one bit about keenan and kel, and the whole nickelodeon kid shows, its a ridiculous shame that stuff like this happens. i couldnt see myself purchasing a movie car, to have it rust out on cinderblocks in my front lawn, movie car or not, its still white trash.

Man, I love Good Burger. I hate to see this happen. I would totally go after this if I had the time and money.

I'm just appreciating that the moment I saw the pacer and the comment about it being similar to the MirthMobile, Bohemian Rhapsody started playing on my computer. :lol

However, I do not appreciate seeing the car rotting like it's at the Disney Hollywood Studios backlot. :(

T

LOL

My Grandmother had an AMC Pacer in 1979-80. I remember it quit running, around '85 and was too expensive to fix, my dad sold it for scrap for 30 bucks.

I always found it weird opening the door on one of these. It was so big it felt like you were removing the side of the car.

I drove my dad's old Gremlin for a while. Now THAT's an AMC classic. ;)

I was six too when the movie came out :)though i didn't see til i was 8 and i really liked it at the time. We a have a good burger car here in my home town though it not rusted or anything and its green so i guess it is just a replica, which saddens me cuz i always thought it was the actual one but i guess not :cry

"yeah i'll buy a hamburger car, and let it rust in my front lawn! i have a hamburger museum!"

some people are stupid. while i dont care one bit about keenan and kel, and the whole nickelodeon kid shows, its a ridiculous shame that stuff like this happens. i couldnt see myself purchasing a movie car, to have it rust out on cinderblocks in my front lawn, movie car or not, its still white trash.

I feel the same way about when people do that with classic cars and movie cars. It's like they want to show them off until they rust or it's some kind of trophy that they won't sell to anyone who will actually take care of them and man you guys are all you if you were 6 when this came out :lol

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back