X-Wing Cast from Original Parts

Eh, to rain on the parade, I'm not expecting anyone who owns a good set of pyro castings to drop them in rubber any time soon. It would have happened by now. Who really wants to dent the exclusivity of their piece, right?

Ahem...never been happier to have been wrong. You guys rock. (y)thumbsup:thumbsup

Same here dude!. I was 10 in '77' and got that same magazine, my very first SW publication, still have it & still drool over it lol!.
Ahhh the good old days.
Stu:lol
are you guys talking about the hilderbrant covered program from the cinemas ? i think i was about 11 ?

Hey Dave. Any chance of a few extra shots showing these areas in a little more detail?
cpitilmcopy.jpg

I'll be your best friend.:thumbsup

Two years later... time to start working on it!

Started cleaning up the fuselage and a coat of primer. The casting is not great, but not too bad either. A few bubbles and some seam lines to clean up. The details in the cockpit are kind of a mess but the area behind where the R2 goes is okay.

CRW_4658.jpg

CRW_4660.jpg

CRW_4661.jpg

CRW_4662.jpg

CRW_4663.jpg

CRW_4664.jpg

Last edited:
I remember seeing a post once with some information on the correct diameter and lengths of brass tubing to use for the laser cannons... but I can't seem to find it. Can any of you point me in the right direction?

I have found a source for the heat sinks.

Thanks!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back