robo3687's Iron Man Pep Files - SD War Machine links page 73

Re: robo3687's Pep Files -Iron Man Mk IV/VI...war machine delayed details pg 67

Is it possible when assembling the helmet to do away with the eye parts, they just wont cooperate with me. If I just joined the forehead and faceplate it still looks right but I was worried it would compromise everything else.

i just finished looking at the WHOLE thread and this place i awesome!!!!!!
i was just wondering what kind of paper is best for pepping?

i just finished looking at the WHOLE thread and this place i awesome!!!!!!
i was just wondering what kind of paper is best for pepping?

110lb card stock. you should be able to get it at any office supply/craft store

Are the imperial commando files still being made and will there be a regular republic commando helmet available?

Is it possible when assembling the helmet to do away with the eye parts, they just wont cooperate with me. If I just joined the forehead and faceplate it still looks right but I was worried it would compromise everything else.
I only built about half of the eyes on mine. Some of the "framework" is nice to have for the shape, but since I'll be making my own lighting system, it didn't really make sense to build the entire eye assembly just to cut it right back off again. You'll probably be fine without them as long as it looks right when it's all together.

A little trick I use for the more fiddly bits (like the eye pieces on this helmet) - drop the 110lb and use 67lb card stock, or even plain paper. The thinner stuff folds much more easily, and you can just brush or squirt a little bit of super glue on the paper to strengthen it up once the piece is made to shape.

I'm having issues scaling. Has anyone modeled their chest piece to be around 32 cm in width?

Thanks for the help, but one more thing. I opened up the hand palm files and there is no numbering on the flaps, I did the right hand just by referring to the files but I want to get the left to be as accurate as possible. There a way to get the numbers back or am I just doomed?

if ur on viewer, hit the "123" thing to bring back edge id. if on designer, go to 2d tab and click the edge id.

Re: robo3687's Iron Man 2 Pep Files - 27/6 first post rewritten, RIGHT LEG in first p

Robo, you are doing a fantastic job! Keep up the good work!

Chest is Pepped:
IronmanChest.jpg

Collar is Fiberglassed:
What is the pocket on top for on the top of the spine? future plans? did you have an idea on how to splice this thing, since the collar doesn't fit over the head?
IronmanCollar.jpg

Back is 20% Fiberglassed:
IronmanBack.jpg

What color are you guys using? I tried "Apple red" and I don't think it's dark enough.

Here is my color check on sharkheads awesome 3 piece helmet file:
Great job, shark!
Hpim1819.jpg
IronmanHelmetSide.jpg

Hpim1908.jpg
IronmanHelmetSide2.jpg

test1.jpg
Hpim1907.jpg

What thickness and what size paper you use

Fellas, I'm in need of dire assistance. I've read through almost all the pages and I'm still having trouble scaling. I measure myself, but things seem to be off when I assmeble the parts, and I don't think things are proportional. I'm 5'9'', and does anyone have any advice?

Are you scaling each piece separate? I think i rememeber reading somewhere that when you scale you should use the same scale factor otherwise you will have non fitting peices. You should be able to use different scale factors for the arms and legs since they dont meet anywhere, but when you scale your arm keep the same scale factor for the shoulder/bicep/forearm. same as the entire torso. chest/back/brace/abs. keep all these the same scale factor!
Thats as much as i read up on. not sure if this is entirely true but i thought i would let you know what i have dug up on different forums

for the helmet, keep it the same size, unless you have a proportionately smaller head than an average person (i have a huge head and it fits the helmet with little to no space for servos)

and for the body, its built for a 6ft tall person, but theres all kinds of scaling threads around here. i havent taken the time to do scaling since im 6ft already, but i would reduce it proportionally to your height, which is 95.83% of the original scale.

I remember reading about scaling each piece individually, but not about the scale factor for the torso, arm, etc. That's probably where my problem came from. But I have an... odd scenario. When I have all the torso pieces together in pepakura, I do a height of 48 cm from the top of the chest to the bottom of the cod piece. Oddly, I scales the width to 27 cm. That's seems pretty darn huge. Is that normal?

Also, sorry to worry you about these questions. I'll read around a bit on the scaling threads.

idk man, i just measured myself from cod to chest, im at 74cm at 6ft tall. being 5,9 i would think 48's much too short.

Hmm... I measured again and it came out to be 60 cm exactly. I measured from the base of my manly globes to a little over my collar bone. I'm still weary of the measurement because the width is so wide. That's why I'm so confused. :[

Edit: added correct measurement.

Last edited:
Re: robo3687's Iron Man Pep Files

alrighty well I'm getting out of this pep business for a while, I just don't have the time for it these days and it was all feeling a bit too much like work for my liking.

It was fun,

oh and first one to PM me wanting to unfold the lo-res war machine can have at it, but they'll have to post the links..

ah well, it was fun while it lasted. good on ya bro for giving us the best Mark IV/VI to date. I'm sure we'll move on in time... lol.

btw, i havent been on in a loooong time. did u ever think about adding braces to juice's warmachine files?

Oh No Robo!!! I just recently discovered Pep Files and am scrambling round trying to find all stuff I can. Great job on the Republic Commando BTW

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back