robo3687's Iron Man Pep Files - SD War Machine links page 73

Re: robo3687's Iron Man 2 Pep Files - 16/6 supports now available in first post

EpoxAmite is a lot better because it's not brittle like the polyester resin if used alone on the pep. Plus you get the benefit of a longer pot life so you're not in a rush of brushing your pep.

I just checked out that stuff, it looks really great, its also odorless.

EpoxAmite® 100 Epoxy Laminating System is an easy-to-use liquid epoxy system formulated for a wide variety of fabrication applications. EpoxAmite® 100 Laminating System is unfilled, low in viscosity, odorless and cures at room temperature.

This seems alot better than what I have been doing with the smoothcast 321/320 combo. This would probably be more rigid and work better with mat/cloth for the interior.

I think its time to try this stuff out

thanks VersionUP

EpoxAmite is a lot better because it's not brittle like the polyester resin if used alone on the pep. Plus you get the benefit of a longer pot life so you're not in a rush of brushing your pep.

If your using it alone, than yes. But Fin coated the exterior with glass and resin for strength, and detailed that whereas most use bondo externally, and glass backed resin internally for a rough one off to be molded. :unsure

I just checked out that stuff, it looks really great, its also odorless.

EpoxAmite® 100 Epoxy Laminating System is an easy-to-use liquid epoxy system formulated for a wide variety of fabrication applications. EpoxAmite® 100 Laminating System is unfilled, low in viscosity, odorless and cures at room temperature.

This seems alot better than what I have been doing with the smoothcast 321/320 combo. This would probably be more rigid and work better with mat/cloth for the interior.

I think its time to try this stuff out

thanks VersionUP

I previously mentioned to you that I will give you a feedback on the Epoxamite, but I forgot what forum it was :lol. I actually used a spray gun when I did the intial test on the pep, and it worked great.

I previously mentioned to you that I will give you a feedback on the Epoxamite, but I forgot what forum it was :lol. I actually used a spray gun when I did the intial test on the pep, and it worked great.

well done man :thumbsup

Thanks Robo for all your amazing work!!!!

So what type of spray gun did you use?
any difference or benefit versus brushing?

Thanks Robo for all your amazing work!!!!

So what type of spray gun did you use?
any difference or benefit versus brushing?
20 Oz. High Volume Low Pressure Gravity Feed Spray Gun

obvious benefit for me- it's alot quicker and it gets more into crannies. And easy cleanup with acetone.

and I also bought this compressor.
2 HP, 8 Gallon, 115 PSI Portable Air Compressor

out of the pocket it's a lot, but with a project like this big it will be more cost effective especially with the materials I'm using.
with my project I'm using a high fill polyester primer (Evercoat Slicksand) which eliminates alot of the "glazing work after filler.
Then of course the painting process 'cause I'm using automotive acrylic enamel (Metalux).

hey guys,

just a quick post to let you guys know that there won't be any modeling done for the next couple of days....food poisoning is a wonderful thing....lol...

i'll still pop in and check on my ipod from bed (as I am now), and hopefully i'll see some more pics of your progress....go crazy with pics....

oh and does anyone know of an online fabric store that ships cheap to australia?...i have another project going bannanas in my head....

okay so i started the helmet, i just finished the first page which i think is the back that goes around your neck. Its a pretty tight fit and im afraid the helmet might be to small... When i was printing it out, the computer said the it was going to be outside of the margins so it asked me if i wanted it to fix it and i hit yes, did that make it smaller?

also, is this the tightest area of the helmet? if so then the rest might be fine... I just dont wanna pep the whole thing to realize its too small

okay so i started the helmet, i just finished the first page which i think is the back that goes around your neck. Its a pretty tight fit and im afraid the helmet might be to small... When i was printing it out, the computer said the it was going to be outside of the margins so it asked me if i wanted it to fix it and i hit yes, did that make it smaller?

yes it did. i had a simular message with the glove pep and it only cut off a small corner of one or two pieces when i clicked dont fix. it wasnt enough to where i couldnt figure it out. not sure about the helmet tho. cant remember if it did the samething.

Last edited:

also, is this the tightest area of the helmet? if so then the rest might be fine... I just dont wanna pep the whole thing to realize its too small

the helmet itself is usually(after pep resin/fiberglass and whatnot) is separated into 3 or 4 pieces. faceplate(if you plan on a hinge system)/jaw(optional)/main helmet part/and that piece i think your talking about.

the helmet itself is usually(after pep resin/fiberglass and whatnot) is separated into 3 or 4 pieces. faceplate(if you plan on a hinge system)/jaw(optional)/main helmet part/and that piece i think your talking about.
Indeeeeeed

An easy fix for your problems Longwang (funny typing that) is to use Pepakura designer 3.0 if you are not, then go into paper and printer settings under Edit, or file. If using 8.5 x 11" paper select Letter . Here you can change your Margins as well I decrease my margins every time to 5. Then back on the pep 2d layout window you will have to highlighy and move clusters of pies to their respective page. Take time, and caution when doing this to ensure all your parts are at a safe distance from each other. Then print.

P. S. Think Tetris or Dr. Mario

Also if anyone needs tyo activate Pepakura Designer 3.0 and does'nt want tp pay $40.00 dollars PM me I have the $5.00 method

Sorry to here that robo,Get well soon,buddy. I took a look online,and theres a place called Spotlight Australia.Hope that helps

hey man good luck with that! anyways can anyone tell me how many drops of hardener do i have to use with the resin in a climate of about 30 deg Celsius average?

Hey guys problem solved with the resin , thnx Stark1138.

Last edited:

thanks guys....feeling a bit better already...lol....

a positive is its giving me a chance to do another playthrough of assassins creed 2.....and a flow on negative of that is that its cauing my mind to go bannana's wanting to make me an Ezio Master Assassin outfit....hmph...I wants one.....

QUOTE=robo3687;1263818]thanks guys....feeling a bit better already...lol....

a positive is its giving me a chance to do another playthrough of assassins creed 2.....and a flow on negative of that is that its cauing my mind to go bannana's wanting to make me an Ezio Master Assassin outfit....hmph...I wants one.....[/QUOTE]

Wait, what did you eat?

If you ccoked for yourself, and failed that is unfortunate....

Meet a Woman?:cry

2010 more men cook better than most women, because they are to busy trying to prove, and ****ting on US!:cry:cry:cry

Hey, My wife pays some bill? :confused :confused :confused

i am curious too ! How did you get the food poisoning ?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back