Sky Captain Atomic Disintegrator Pistol

BronzeGiant

Just recieved the one I bought from eBay from Wilco Models. I'm liking it so far. 2 pieces, a fair amount of work to do but should build up into a cool replica. Here's my idea. Do we have anyone here who could make up a small, I mean really small pc board that when activated by a trigger would play the sound effect from the movie> I'd sure love to have my pistol sound real.....I know I didn't describe what I'm after very well but if anyone has any ideas I can PM them and we can discuss it further.

Thanks
Steve

I had considered scratch building this prop, but after getting the small scaled chritmas ornimate of this prop, and seeing the structure wasn't cylindical (wider from the top view than the side view), and watching the scene with the disintegrator a number of times and determinig the ornimate was correct, I had to pause and rethink how to make this.

Unfortunately, I haven't been back to it since.

you can get the flying robot ship and the Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow sculpted pin from tfaw.com for about 14 usd plus shiping. thay look great for the price.

Soooo... this is an old thread, but I finally did get around to making one of these. I really just love this prop and finally buckled down and got down to building it.

I made a couple of sketches from reference photos, measured the sketch and then created a 3D model.
I then 3D printed it in ABS in several sections.
It's sanded, primed and then mostly Rub-n-Buff for the 'metal'.
The black part of the grip is black ABS that's acetone'd to make it looks more like bakelite and then fore portion is painted a light grey.
I then weathered it using pretty standard techniques and built the stand (wood art block painted black, aluminum tape and black-on-white labels).

dexray_finished800.jpg

I'm probably (not just yet) going to make a couple more that I may take to sell at ARISIA , but I'm still tinkering with my model. I also want to try a painted version and maybe one with the rivets added afterwards.

I've been looking for a high quality replica of this pistol. Any one know of an accurate kit or 3D STL files available for sale?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back