Jedi Utility Belt Pouches Prop Replicas

the.rebel.agent

Sr Member
Hello there.

I as told you in my introduction, I am doing these Jedi pouches. They were from the original molds and I filed the holes and get them ready to cast. But, I was not able to find the right metal clips. I contacted several US vendors and nobody give me a sample, I was willing to pay for it. So If you can help me I will appreciate that. There are so many people looking for them.

If u want to see more pictures of them, take a look at the tutorial I wrote in my website at:

http://www.theforce.com.ar/Scripts/WebForm...&lNewsId=43
http://www.theforce.com.ar/Scripts/WebForm...&lNewsId=45
http://www.theforce.com.ar/Scripts/WebForm...&lNewsId=59

I wrote them in Spanish, I am sorry :) . It is not finished. I will add more pictures in the future. U can use an online translator. This is my first resin work. I usually work with leather, so this is getting hard for me.

Last edited:
Hey Kyle.

I'm Justin, one of Bryans Anakin buddies :) Glad to see you here.

I really like how the new wide turned out. Though sorry none of my links to close clips worked out. I have a few pictures on my computer that I can upload once its back from the shop.

If you cannot find the exact clips I wouldn't hold it against you, of all the details you never see them so any clip would work I think, as aggrevating as that would be...

great job finding the hinges and screws.

Justin,
Thanks for your kind words. Who knows, maybe some guy here will help us to find one. The ones I can buy in Argentina are black and 1 inch wide. They are like the one used but half inch wider. If I do not get any response about them here, I will end up buying them. I received 4 o 5 emails per week asking for them and I really want to finish them.

Does anyone know how the hook pouch could be closed without modify the original mold? do you understand what I mean, I am talking about the closure method. The original one does not have anything.

Couldn't you use velcro to hold it closed?

What type of metal clips are you talking about in the original post? Do you have a picture?

Randy

<div class='quotetop'>(RacerX45 @ Jun 28 2006, 04:32 PM) [snapback]1270178[/snapback]</div>
Couldn't you use velcro to hold it closed?

What type of metal clips are you talking about in the original post? Do you have a picture?

Randy
[/b]

Randy,

I am talking about one like this:
http://www.eleatherworks.com/product.php?p...99&cat=0&page=1

Yes, I thought about the Velcro option. But I do not know. I am watching the magnetic solution too. Thin magnetic paper should work right?

<div class='quotetop'>(RacerX45 @ Jun 28 2006, 07:55 PM) [snapback]1270292[/snapback]</div>
The thin magnetic tape would probably work too.

No one will ship you those? Have you tried Tandy Leather?

http://www.tandyleather.com/

I get a lot of stuff from them. They carry the clips - look in the Hardware section under Holster clips.

Randy
[/b]

Randy, Nop I did not try this one. I found this one:
http://www.tandyleather.com/products.asp?number=1239-00

I think could work 4 the solid ones, but the hook pouch has one different in my reference photo. What do you think?

Last edited:
Hello there. I received many pms asking for the source of the molds. I will tell you that the comlink pouch, the mechanicall one and the little one are from EP2 molds. The hook pouch is from EP3 obviously. I bought them in Australia. This week I am doing the molds, cause I finished the original. They came in good shape, but I filled the holes and repaired some flaws. Stay tune. Best regards. ;)

<div class='quotetop'>(Kyle Katarn The Rebel Agent @ Jul 1 2006, 03:17 PM) [snapback]1272260[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(bleyd @ Jul 1 2006, 02:58 PM) [snapback]1272148[/snapback]
Any idea how much these will be finished and unfinished?
[/b]

Could we talk about prices here? I am a new member. :confused
[/b][/quote]

Hey guys... Let's not turn this into an interest or sale thread or it'll be pulled from the prop forum.

<div class='quotetop'>(SurferGeek @ Jul 2 2006, 06:21 PM) [snapback]1272666[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(Kyle Katarn The Rebel Agent @ Jul 1 2006, 03:17 PM) [snapback]1272260[/snapback]
<div class='quotetop'>(bleyd @ Jul 1 2006, 02:58 PM) [snapback]1272148[/snapback]
Any idea how much these will be finished and unfinished?
[/b]

Could we talk about prices here? I am a new member. :confused
[/b][/quote]

Hey guys... Let's not turn this into an interest or sale thread or it'll be pulled from the prop forum.
[/b][/quote]

SurferGeek, It was not my intention to do that. This is why I answered that way. Best regards.

As you can see, the used Velcro as closure method. I scanned this from Star Wars Fact File. You can also see the shape of the metal clips.
I do not know if Vecro will do the work 4 the hook pouch. I do not even know if they glued the pouch for action scenes :) What do you think?

Last edited:
Well apparently the hook pouch was never used, you can see Hayden take the hook from the leather one in the film. I am betting they were sealed for the duration of the scenes.

Personally when I get one from you I will be sealing it shut.

<div class='quotetop'>(Primrodo @ Jul 4 2006, 05:15 PM) [snapback]1274063[/snapback]</div>
Well apparently the hook pouch was never used, you can see Hayden take the hook from the leather one in the film. I am betting they were sealed for the duration of the scenes.

Personally when I get one from you I will be sealing it shut.
[/b]

DO WHAT? After that work I did. :( NO please. I found a case, that has a similar closure, but this one really works. I will try to take a good picture. It is a case to keep soap, I found it in the bath. Really amazing. :)

By the way, this friday I am going to learn how to do the molds. My pal in Agentina was very busy doing his own props, but he agreed to teach me on Friday. I will have some time to buy the silicon rubber and resin on saturday and start something next monday I hope. Best regards.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back