Jedi Utility Belt Pouches Prop Replicas

I am so excited. Today I went to my pal workshop. He teach me how to do the mold boxes. He also showed me the materials involved in the molds construction. So as homework I have to build the boxes for the next week. Fooling around the web I found this:

http://www.tapplastics.com/uploads/pdf/Mol...0Directions.pdf

Very useful for me. So I am working so hard to finish the pouches this month. Best regards.

PD: This is my first work with resin, so be patient with me :)

I just received the metal clips. Do not you know what happened. The ones I received are different from the ones pictured on the website. I will take some photos tonight and post them tomorrow. :(

I emailed the guys cause I want to change them. You will see the pictures and U will compare. :cry

Any comments about the mold boxes? Any advice before go to the next step?

<div class='quotetop'>(Kyle Katarn The Rebel Agent @ Jul 11 2006, 08:34 PM) [snapback]1278946[/snapback]</div>
About the clips, I decided my self for this ones:
http://www.eleatherworks.com/product.php?p...02&cat=0&page=1

I bought a dozen from each one. We will see. :)
[/b]

Received ones vs Advertised. by the way, the one in the photo is the right one. The one used in the orignal prop according some pictures I have. Hurray. :) :) :)

Last edited:
Awesome find there Kyle..

Its great to see you have such tenacity.

So when will these be availiable? :) I don't know much about molding so I cannot comment on that, hope it works out.

<div class='quotetop'>(Primrodo @ Jul 31 2006, 03:59 PM) [snapback]1291321[/snapback]</div>
Awesome find there Kyle..

Its great to see you have such tenacity.

So when will these be availiable? :) I don't know much about molding so I cannot comment on that, hope it works out.
[/b]

Primrodo. The mold boxes are ready. I am going this Thursday to the workshop to fill the molds with the silicone rubber. They will be ready to use in 48hs. So I hope start the copies next week. Stay tune.

The pouches are in the workshop. ( out of my hands :cry ). The guy is helping me is doing the molds. He is using a vacuum machine and I hope to have them this week. Silicon rubber RTV takes 24 hs to be ready. I will post new photos ASAP.

Great to hear an update Kyle. Looking forward to seeing these done.

Do you have plans on painting/weathering the pouches or will you sell them as a kit? Painted as if new?

<div class='quotetop'>(Primrodo @ Aug 10 2006, 01:40 PM) [snapback]1297728[/snapback]</div>
Great to hear an update Kyle. Looking forward to seeing these done.

Do you have plans on painting/weathering the pouches or will you sell them as a kit? Painted as if new?
[/b]

As a mater of fact yes. I am planning to sell them as kit and painted like new. I am not the kind of guy who likes the weathered stuff. I always wanted the props like new. For obvious reason, the kit will be more cheap than the finished one.

The hook pouch kit will include the hinges, screws. The metal clip is very expensive for me and will be more easy 4 you to buy it from the retail source. I will provide the source and model. the finished ones will be complete. I am planning to buy more hinges. thanks 4 ask. PM if you need some additional information.

Hello there. This is the hardware for the hook pouch. 2 hinges, 4 small screw, 8 large screw and 8 hex. Hope the mold will be ready this week. I did not contact the workshop cause I know they are working so hard. I will keep you updated. Best regards.

PS: I bought dark brown pigment for the resin. What color do yout think will be better for the base? Dark brown or reddish brown? Cause I can buy red pigment and mix them.

Last edited:
As a base I think that reddish brown is best and then painted brown over that, to be more accurate, But even the pouch there shown is white underneath....

Your call but I think reddish brown :)

<div class='quotetop'>(Primrodo @ Aug 14 2006, 01:58 PM) [snapback]1300182[/snapback]</div>
As a base I think that reddish brown is best and then painted brown over that, to be more accurate, But even the pouch there shown is white underneath....

Your call but I think reddish brown :)
[/b]

Yeah, reddish brown was my thinking too. And I was planning use that color for all of them. I think they used that reddish brown for all them in the pr. Some of them were a touch darker. Like the ones Obi-Wan used on Episode I. What do you think?

Hard to say on the Episode 1 ones, I think they rescupted for these ones when they came out. Paint though is an easy thing to apply ;)

Any news?

<div class='quotetop'>(Primrodo @ Aug 24 2006, 04:56 PM) [snapback]1306479[/snapback]</div>
Hard to say on the Episode 1 ones, I think they rescupted for these ones when they came out. Paint though is an easy thing to apply ;)

Any news?
[/b]

Nothing. I am calling almost everydat at the workshop. They are not charging me, so I will have to wait cause they are very busy. I am sorry. :cry

I missed the update with the hardware and hinges. Great find man. Can't wait to see a completed pouch. Great job.

<div class='quotetop'>(bleyd @ Aug 24 2006, 07:17 PM) [snapback]1306565[/snapback]</div>
I missed the update with the hardware and hinges. Great find man. Can't wait to see a completed pouch. Great job.
[/b]

Thanks. The metal clip was hard to find, but I did it. Hinges were so easy. They did not sand the brand :)

Well, today I received an email from the workshop, finally. they told me that the vacuum chamber will be ready next week. So I hope to have some news about the molds for next Friday. Have a nice weekend. :$

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back