New Hasbro Toy Lightsabers

Having a hard time getting my head around the concept of going back to fixed blades on the Force FX line. I'm late to the game, but did Hasbro really lose that much on the 2010 removable blade sabers? The only use for a fixed-blade saber I can think of is as a donor for a Luxeon conversion.

No removable blade? Well, guess the people that came up with the removable blade mod long ago are back in business.

Also, I see the second hand market prices for the old removable blade sabers will go up.

No removable blade? Well, guess the people that came up with the removable blade mod long ago are back in business.

Yes, they will enjoy the unimaginable font of funds and interest to come.

Also, I see the second hand market prices for the old removable blade sabers will go up.

Yes, the 2010 Luke ANH may become the most ridiculously priced collectible in the hobby.

Hasbro continued to keep offering fixed blade fx sabers while they also offered removable blade sabers in the past. So maybe we can hold hope that there may be new removable blade offering in the future...

....Yes, I'm pretty much in denial here.

Hasbro continued to keep offering fixed blade fx sabers while they also offered removable blade sabers in the past. So maybe we can hold hope that there may be new removable blade offering in the future...

....Yes, I'm pretty much in denial here.

I sure hope they do offer removable in the future, I recently looked up the signature series fx Luke saber. Saw a great video on Facebook up it, real nice saber

Yes, the Luke ANH removable blade has had a ridiculous price since I have been looking for about two years.
Sadly, I see the Anakin removable blade has doubled in price... so much for the thought of gutting an Anakin to put the blade in the new Luke.

So I am in denial hoping that Hasbro will release a removable blade ESB Luke.

As there will no doubt be a stampede to get these new Luke ANH sabers converted to Luxeon in order to be battle ready and have removable blades I'll save people some research time.

There was a time when the Custom Saber Shop sold a kit to convert the fixed blade Luke ANHs to Lux (LED in the hilt, empty blade) but its been discontinued for years. They never developed a kit for the removable blade model due to lack of interest. CSS, Ultra Sabers and Ultra Force Sabers also offered a conversion service which would take your fixed blade saber and convert it for you for a fee. The only company to still offer that service for the Luke ANH is Ultra Force Sabers and it runs $120 (which given what a PITA it is to take them apart is a bargain IMO). The catch for them is they don't work on Master Replicas any more, there are very few 2007 Hasbros around and you look to pay $200 for one if you find it.

Ultra Force Sabers do GREAT work. Takes a few weeks but great communication and the customer service is excellent. Here's some pics of the Hasbro I sent them with an UltraEdge blade from Ultra Sabers and a custom blade plug from defconbird on fleabay:

IMG_1751.JPGIMG_1750.JPG

Now, depending on what Hasbro's new "tech" for the Force FX line is (better not just be going back to fixed blades for chrissake) the new Luke ANHs should be no problem to convert, have the remastered ANH sound fonts that the removable blade versions have and be cheaper than old fixed blades to use as a donor.

Also, though the conversions reuse the plastic blade holder rather than having a cool machined aluminum holder like other models, I can testify to the durability of these conversions as my kids and the neighborhood kids take these out daily and duel with them... well, a red button fell off but epoxying in a replacement from The Graflex Shop fixed it right up.

As there will no doubt be a stampede to get these new Luke ANH sabers converted to Luxeon in order to be battle ready and have removable blades I'll save people some research time.

There was a time when the Custom Saber Shop sold a kit to convert the fixed blade Luke ANHs to Lux (LED in the hilt, empty blade) but its been discontinued for years. They never developed a kit for the removable blade model due to lack of interest. CSS, Ultra Sabers and Ultra Force Sabers also offered a conversion service which would take your fixed blade saber and convert it for you for a fee. The only company to still offer that service for the Luke ANH is Ultra Force Sabers and it runs $120 (which given what a PITA it is to take them apart is a bargain IMO). The catch for them is they don't work on Master Replicas any more, there are very few 2007 Hasbros around and you look to pay $200 for one if you find it.

Ultra Force Sabers do GREAT work. Takes a few weeks but great communication and the customer service is excellent. Here's some pics of the Hasbro I sent them with an UltraEdge blade from Ultra Sabers and a custom blade plug from defconbird on fleabay:

View attachment 521627View attachment 521629

Now, depending on what Hasbro's new "tech" for the Force FX line is (better not just be going back to fixed blades for chrissake) the new Luke ANHs should be no problem to convert, have the remastered ANH sound fonts that the removable blade versions have and be cheaper than old fixed blades to use as a donor.

Also, though the conversions reuse the plastic blade holder rather than having a cool machined aluminum holder like other models, I can testify to the durability of these conversions as my kids and the neighborhood kids take these out daily and duel with them... well, a red button fell off but epoxying in a replacement from The Graflex Shop fixed it right up.

this is good to know. I was looking up the Luke ANH fx with removable blade last night, used are in the 500/600 range. Brand new is 1400!!! I wonder if I should sang one of these now and see if anyone is willing to do a blade swap...

with only very little research last night I was watching YouTube videos of the signature series, one thing I noticed was no "flash on clash". I bet that's hasbros "new technology"

I managed to get a removable blade ANH Luke a few months ago for $99, the blade was cracked so I just modified the plade plug to include the blade module so I still get the fx sounds and an accurate replica, otherwise it just makes sparking sounds.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Yeah. No I think it was just used roughly. The less were dim in places too so I didn't feel bad sacrificing the blade for the activation module. I kept the led strip though. It would be nice if future TFA Luke blue sabers had removable blades that you could swap with this one.

I managed to get a removable blade ANH Luke a few months ago for $99, the blade was cracked so I just modified the plade plug to include the blade module so I still get the fx sounds and an accurate replica, otherwise it just makes sparking sounds.

View attachment 521943View attachment 521944View attachment 521945

This dingbat let one loose for >$200 last week:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Luke-Skywal...0-Star-Wars-/151788299043?hash=item235749a323

but you have to live on fleabay to catch these...

Are the removable blade Hasbro sabers really that expensive??? I literally just bought a Luke ForceFX w/ removable blade and all original packaging for $130 last week off a guy over Facebook. Is this the one you guys are talking about is worth so much??

11923018_10207390961402713_1020777334_n.jpg

Are the removable blade Hasbro sabers really that expensive??? I literally just bought a Luke ForceFX w/ removable blade and all original packaging for $130 last week off a guy over Facebook. Is this the one you guys are talking about is worth so much??

View attachment 522042

wow!! Your one lucky guy!

- - - Updated - - -

This dingbat let one loose for >$200 last week:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Luke-Skywal...0-Star-Wars-/151788299043?hash=item235749a323

but you have to live on fleabay to catch these...

Eerrr another great find!! I have never been a big fan of the ANH saber. But after watching them on YouTube I have a killer itch

Is the Vader with removable blade worth anything? I have that one.

Boy the grips on these things get sticky! Both my Vader and the the unremovable ANH Luke were horrible.
Took a lot of elbow grease and alcohol to remove the tackiness.
I suspect it will come back though.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back