Doctor Who 11th Doctor Shirt Pattern development thread.

Unfortunately I know exactly what to do with it, just haven't had time to work on it. I've got a show going into dress rehearsal Tuesday and another even bigger one opening 2 weeks after that. I'll get to it as soon as I can. Just may take me awhile.

Any news on this?

I just finished drawing the waves onto my shirt. They don't look as clean as Nicky's, but I'm happy with it. I still have to sew the darts into the back, but I may wait on that for now, as I spent the final hour of wave-drawing in agonizing carpal tunnel pain. Serves me right for rushing to finish it. Luckily, I'll be too busy over the next couple weeks to do any real prop/costume work.

Well, my production of Wizard of Oz just opened last night. Now I get to pack up and go home. Once there its back to projects that I owe folks, this thing, and my own DC stuff. Shouldn't be long now.

ide be interested in this fabric if it was made up, but i think it wud be cheaper and feel alot more personal for my costume if i drew on the waves too, luckkily enough i managed to find a burgunday stripe shirt for my original costume construction and it looked pretty cool

The Paul Smith shirt is coming back? Knowing this sort of news is why I love this place. I'm definitely interested in one of those if they are coming back - I think $150 US would be alright to pay, if it meant I didn't have to sew the darn thing myself!

@pickenprod - my almost-daily google searches still offer up no support for the theory that Paul Smith will re-release the Matt Smith Burgundy shirt. Hopefully Pumpkiny knows something tangible and can pass on details in due course. In the meantime, I suggest you bookmark the PS online page and just keep checking.

FYI - from Teisco on Prydon Academy:
"As most of you've heard there's been rumors that Paul Smith will reissue the Waves shirt. Well i'm here to tell you that I just got an email back from the company and they CONFIRMED it! The shirts should appear on the website in early-mid october with a product code of PCXD/164H/WHO-P. "

Keep those eyes peeled folks.

Any idea how long they'll keep selling them in store? Through January by chance? It would be kind of cool to buy one in person when I go over there.

Just wondering if there's any progress on this? I know that the Blue samples are still up but is the Burgundy close to being done?

If you need even more reference, you can see some great quality images of this (straight on) on the re-issue PS shirt webpage:

Paul Smith Shirt | 'Scroll Stripe' Shirt - Paul Smith UK

Click each image, hit the zoom icon and then right click and open in new tab (or save image as). Great reference material.

Anywho ... just wondering about progress on the Burgundy shirt, is all. Did you ever order the blue and make a shirt?

Not really. I took the burgundy back into photoshop to adjust it, but my PS skills are only slightly above intermediate.

What needs to happen to get the burgundy up to par is:
-A little color adjust toward the red. The prints came out too brown. (easy enough)
-The squiggle lines are too thick. (part I'm having trouble with)
-Adding a little noise to the lines to break them up a bit (but this is a minor nitpick)

I have files with the pieces broken down into layers, but I can't find a way to slim the lines without doing it essentially by hand. If anyone want to have a go at it, I'll be happy to send them the file.

Yeah, Risu could do it, he's good with PS. I'm decent but I'm not all that great to be honest. It'd definitely be in good hands if you sent him the file.

I think we're all just chomping at the bit to be able to order the fabric, is all.

Yea, if you need to know my credentials, I've been using PS for years, since I was 13 I think. I also have an accurate measure of the stripe spacing from a real shirt that I could check it against. Feel free to PM me if you'd like to discuss it.

OK, I feel like doing an update, just because I have nothing better to do and I can't stare at Photoshop any more tonight.

I've completely finished the main pattern for the shirts. I redrew the pattern using scans provided by E-Wan and modernboy, thank you both very much. I got the line thickness for the scrolls and stripes what I believe to be exactly right and then added the interference. I split them into red and blue and I THINK the colors are right, but I don't have any way of really knowing until I see them printed. A test of the blue fabric will be ordered tomorrow, and I'll probably get around to the red at some point, I don't know when because I don't really care for that shirt at all. I'll start in on the cuffs later in the week and everything should be finished by this time next week.

OK, I feel like doing an update, just because I have nothing better to do and I can't stare at Photoshop any more tonight.

I've completely finished the main pattern for the shirts. I redrew the pattern using scans provided by E-Wan and modernboy, thank you both very much. I got the line thickness for the scrolls and stripes what I believe to be exactly right and then added the interference. I split them into red and blue and I THINK the colors are right, but I don't have any way of really knowing until I see them printed. A test of the blue fabric will be ordered tomorrow, and I'll probably get around to the red at some point, I don't know when because I don't really care for that shirt at all. I'll start in on the cuffs later in the week and everything should be finished by this time next week.

and i'll finally be able to finish my blue costume and move on to the xmas special/series 6 costumes!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back