Judge Dredd Mega City book of law

Well he did die but I don't know if he's killed because he tried to resisting arrest, again, or for the murder of a judge.

I'll get a quote and start a pre-sale thread, I think I'll do a small run based on current interest level.

(y)thumbsup(y)thumbsup(y)
Great !! Thank you guys for your help and ideas !!
When it is ready I'll definitely take one !!
Cheers
Bruno

contec, I checked the movie and the online source for Mega City law and murder of street judge gets life.

I've list all the codes from movie, and added a couple funny ones. We can all pitch in and select greatest ones to print. I'm not sure how many codes will be put in the final book, but this should be fun.

From the movie:
Code 213: Willful destruction of property. 2 years.
Code 310: lllegal possession of assault weapons. 5 years.
Code 457: Resisting arrest. 20 years.
Code 3613: The first degree murder of a Street Judge. Life.
Code 7592: Willful sabotage of a public droid. 6 months.
Code 4722: lllegal use of city electricity. 2 years.

Mine (from online source and added random number):
Code 5478: Jay-walking. 100 days to 2 years.
Code 6024: Illegal possession of sugar. 1000 credits to 2 years.
Code 2819: Driving under the influence of caffeine. 6 months to 2 years.

Last edited:
Hi guys, I am new here to this forum but Im very interested in this Book of Law project! What needs to be done to put this project in high gear? I would like to buy at least 2 of these books. Im willing to help out if its possible. Send me any info on how to help get this going!

I am totally interested in this. I've got an old Games Workshop Judge Dread RPG book. I'll dig it out and see what it contains Law wise.

I've made the vector graphic for cover gold stamping, also the inner notebook pages are done. I'm waiting for some reference materials I ordered to arrive. Once I've confirmed my artwork I'll get a quote (before the end of the month).

We need more laws to make REAL law book happen, but I'll also set a price for it.

OK. Here's a list of typical sentences from the GW Judge Dredd RPG. This was circa 1989, so pre-movie and all comics based. There were no codes listed.

Murder: 18 years to life
Mass Murder: 30 years to life
Murder of a Judge: Life
Copycat Killing: Life
Fighting in Block War: 30 years to life
Treason: Life
Futsie* Murder: Life in a Kook Cube

Arson: 25 years to life
Kidnapping: 30 years to life
Paying a Ransom (incitement to kidnap): 5 years
Body Sharking: 30 years to life
Organ-Legging: 30 years to life

ARV (Armed Robbery with Violence): 18-30 years
Robbery: 8-20 years
Burglary: 10-20 years
Petty Theft: 1-5 years
Sky Heist: 20 years
Road Piracy: 5-20 years
Tapping*: 5-15 years
Receiving Stolen Goods: 1-5 years

Attempted Bribery of Judge: 10 years
Resisting Arrest: 1-5 years
Leaving Scene of Crime: 6 months to 3 years
Jimping*: 10 years
Public Nuisance: 6 months to 3 years
Cheeking a Judge: 6 months
Breach of the Peace: 6 months to 5 years
Obstruction: 6 months to 3 years

Rabble Rousing: 1-5 years
Rioting: 2-10 years
Rumble: 3 months to 2 years
Brawling: 6 months to 5 years
Common: Assault 3 months to 3 years

Illegal Parking: 3-10 months
Overdue on Meter: 1-3 months
Defective Lights: 500c fine
Jaywalking: 100 days – 2 years
Running on a Walkway: 1-10 months
Fare Dodging: 6 months
Littering: 1-200 days
Pranking: 3 months to 5 years
Illegal Boinging®*: 20 years
Scrawling*: 3 months to 2 years
Illegal Smoking: 6 months
Possession of Stookie* pills: 1 year (without pills)

Breach of Health Regulations: 1000c fine to 2 years
Illegal Sugar Possession: 1 year
Importing Sugar: 10 years
Drug Possession: 6 months to 8 years
Old Comic Selling: 3-10 years
Unlicensed Weapon: 3 years
Prohibited Vid-slugs: 1 year each
Overdue Vid-slugs: 3 months each
Prohibited Books: 1 year
Illegal Trading: 1-3 years
Illegal Alien: Deportation
Illegal Mutant: Removal to Cursed Earth

Note: In certain cases, Revoking of Citizenship and exile in the Cursed Earth may be used as an alternative sentence.

Secondary Offenses:

Attempted. Proceeding with the intention of committing an offense, but being foiled unable to complete the offense. 50% of sentence

Conspiracy. Plotting the execution of an offence with another party or other parties, but not actually committing the offense. 30% of sentence

Accessory. Assisting in an offense, or helping a known criminal without reporting him or her to the relevant authorities. 25-50% of sentence

*Futsie – Victims of Future Shock Syndrome; the strain of living in Mega-City One often turns them in to psychopathic homicidal maniacs.

*Tapping - Mugging

*Jimping – Impersonating a Judge

*Boing® - Aerosol-sprayed substance that forms a rubbery bubble around the user; used for games in the Palais-de-Boing.

*Scrawling - Illegal graffiti

*Stookie – Small, cuddly, and totally inoffensive alien whose only problem is having a gland that produces Adifax (addictive serum which stops the aging process) , which makes them much sought after by Stookie Glanders.

:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love
Good good good good good good good !!
Thank you guys !
That Mega City book of law starts to smell good !!:thumbsup
Brun:love

I'm a bit busy at the moment. But I've done the graphics for notebook version. Should be able to make it in no time.

Running on a Walkway: 1-10 months
There is also sentence for Walking on a Running-way believe...

Also not that in the movie the sentence for Killing a Judge is Death.

And its also illegal to manufacture, poses, or selling Umpty Candy.

OK, i don't want to remember more at the time.

About killing a judge, it was normally life sentence in online sources, and I think the guy got killed because he yelled "Life" while drawing a weapon. So I think it's ok to assume it's life sentence.

Just finished reading Bad Moon Rising by David Bishop. There is a part where a Citi-Def member destroys an H-wagon killing twelve Judges toward the end of the book. "A dozen Judges have just been murdered by a rocket attack launched from within this building. The penalty for killing a Judge is death. Surrender now, all of you, and I'll commute that sentence to life in the cubes. Otherwise I shoot to kill. What's your decision?" -Dredd

Well, since its comic and many people write stories, is hard to tell which one is more correct than the other.
OK, Wagner is 100% correct since he made Dredd, but for the other i don't know.

And i think that today, much more crimes have a penalty of capital punishment than before 10 or 20 years. So it gets more complicated...

Looks good so far. I always imagined the book being about 7000 pages thick as everything is illegal lol. Hmmm sounds like the US government's been reading Dredd comics lol.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back