My Life-Size Han Solo In Carbonite Project - 2nd Attempt

OK I am blown away. Very nice work my friend. I am brand new to this forum and currently building my own Han Solo in Carbonite and wondered if you could clue me in on where to get those KILLER side panels. It looks like you made a mold right? Please ...any help here would be greatly appreciated. again KILLER job brother. Darthtim

This is awesome. I am going to make one and the wall to go with it for a display to use at my home and conventions.
That's how I found this thread.
I'm willing to share my info.
Would you be willing to share some of yours?
I'm looking for the overall size of your box and size of the cutouts on the sides.
Can you contact me through e-mail?
JA435@aol.com
I'll get you some pdf drawings of what I'm thinking of doing.

Thanks,
Jerry Greene

just watched the vid....i don't know, nor care if the lights are accurate its stunning when switched on.

my eyebrows are just starting to come down now, thank you.

i have a full detail front on its way to me and a big space in my living room wall to hang it :love

I've been off the forums for a while and am finally getting back to the props. This is a detail from LFL of the bottom recesses. This HIC may have been a back up because all the panels are removed, not sure. The one used for the movie may have had other parts in these recesses, but you get how deep they are supposed to be. Great work on your HIC block. Love the glue idea :thumbsup

LFLHan.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for all the great comments guys!

And thanks chromer for that pic above. When I finally decide to start my 3rd one, it'll come in handy. I had no idea how deep those spaces were. I doubt I'll go that far in, but good reference none the less.

Last edited:
Got a little side tracked with the panels today. After seeing this photo.....

gg-600x511.jpg

Anybody else have any comments on the accuracy of this model?

Or to what darthchromer posted?

This would seem to be an important part of making a screen accurate HIC?

thanks!

brad

Just watch the film and you can see there are details on the top and bottom similar to what's in sculpted in that pic above.

This is magnificent. It's stunning! You've completely blown me away. It's completely gorgeous.. Do you think you could ever part with it?

Congrats on what you have done so far. I am interested in doing this project as well. I am looking for who to contact for a kit.

Allan

Amazing!
But, where could one find the "Han-pieces" if one would want to attempt to build one?
Cause THAT is one prop you want to hang on your wall!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back