Child sized Witch king costume?

adamata

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
My son decided to be the WK for halloween this year. And since I will be heading to Kuwait long before the 31st of Oct, I have to get started on it now.

Ok, so where to start? I was going to start with a basic hooded cloak, but the more I look at the witch king, the cloak sleeves seems to get in the way.

I was planning on starting with the cloak, then the gauntlets and the crown. Anything after that will be gravy.

I want to do some armor, but steel gauntlets is just not a good idea for a 10 year old. :)

I have found several sites on costuming ideas (along with Kropserkels site) but if it was you, where would you start?

Any suggestions as well for materials? Any help or ideas are always welcome.

Thanks!

My son decided to be the WK for halloween this year. And since I will be heading to Kuwait long before the 31st of Oct, I have to get started on it now.

Ok, so where to start? I was going to start with a basic hooded cloak, but the more I look at the witch king, the cloak sleeves seems to get in the way.

I was planning on starting with the cloak, then the gauntlets and the crown. Anything after that will be gravy.

I want to do some armor, but steel gauntlets is just not a good idea for a 10 year old. :)

I have found several sites on costuming ideas (along with Kropserkels site) but if it was you, where would you start?

Any suggestions as well for materials? Any help or ideas are always welcome.

Thanks!

I looked at Kropserkel quite a bit, as well as the statue and screengrabs from the movie.

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=86074

That is my current build. It's styrene and rivets(with a little pvc-foam), which is easy to mold with a heat gun, isn't too toxic, and is very light weight.

-
I'm doing my cloak in three layers. An underlayer, then putting the gauntlets on. Then I'm layering on a hooded cloak with long sleves, then the shoulder armor. Then another layer for thickness over the head and shoulders. I'm using gauze cloth for a few of these layers as it is ratty looking and thin.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back