accurate ewok build

This is an AWESOME thread. GREAT WORK!
Very Creative.
Cary:cool
:cheers Thank you both!
thats a really impressive build, well done, won't it be a bit hot for the kiddies though?
Thanks, it is a warm costume but I am working on ways to cool it down. My daughter actually did her first troop in 90 degree weather in it. She was indoors for most of the time. Pics will be coming soon!
All I can say is Yub Yub!
:lol
Great build!
Thanks!
This is so wonderful!!
I am glad you enjoy my build
Well, I can't take the credit for the hands as my friend Keith (who's son is in the Teebo costume that he built) found them. I worked them up though for my daughter's. For the lenses I just used some sunglasses that I found that she had that didn't fit her anymore. Yeah, the fur was fantastic...super realistic looking in person. We found it on Ebay of all places.
E-bay, I never thought about that for fur. They must of been a big hit at that event. Thanks again
Oh my you so rock. so when your kids are not wearing them do you plan on having them greet your guests at the door. I am sure the mail man would do a double take. too awesome.
I will probably build a pvc mannequin for mine, right now it lives in a tub.
TK-4261 has his head displayed at his place with his other SW items. If I were to have something at the door it would be my TK! Thanks for the nice comment.

Looks awesome so far! Where did you get the bubble lenses for the eyes at? I am working on a robot helmet and think they would work well with it. Thanks for any help.

Really? What kind of glasses had bubbly lenses? Any ideas?
Punisher, that was Webchief's reply to my question. I will post pics of how we did the lenses later today. We searched all over for some clear bubble lenses and at the time could not find any. Bought lots of different plastic domes looking for the right shape and size, the solution was to use baby bottle caps from baby bottles purchased from the 99 cent store. More details when I post the pics!

Test shots w/ lenses w/out tint
http://i687.photobucket.com/albums/vv240/tkvontrooper/ewok%20build/ewok22.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://i687.photobucket.com/albums/vv240/tkvontrooper/ewok%20build/ewok23.jpg
Lenses are comprised of baby bottle lid covered with flexible tint( 5%).
bottle
ewok76.jpg

lid w/ scoreline
ewok77.jpg

lid w/ tint streched over dome
ewok78.jpg

lid cut w/ curved lexan scissors, You can use a bit of superglue gel around the edges( I did not glue these ) You end up w/ some bunching but you never see it
ewok80.jpg

ewok81.jpg

Spear made from found stick and tip made w/ oven bake clay and carved, then painted. Wrapped it up with twine.
ewok68.jpg

Body suit
ewok74.jpg

That is the build, I will be adding the troop pics w/ the final suits next
here are the teaser test fitting shots
ewok57.jpg

ewok58.jpg

Terrific job mate! What a fun WIP thread to look at, amazing work and I can't wait to see more pics!
:) thanks, pics will be posted. Enjoy!
lol Gotta agree...you guys did a fantastic job and it was a real hoot to follow this fun thread.
Thank you, I am pleased you have enjoyed the build!
Good one!
Regards
TAZ
:)!
Summed it up for me perfectly as well.:lol
:lol thanks
LOVE!! the end result. Well done.
:cool thank you
Thanks for the link, I will add to my references I used from his site:thumbsup
that's an ewok with an attitude, awesome work !

She definately got into character for this one, I was her age when I saw SW. It gave me great pleasure to have her catch the SW bug and enjoy taking picks with people. Than you!

The moment you have all waited for, the kids in action!
Family first, my wife, my daughter and I
ewok65.jpg

Posing for pics
ewok61.jpg

ewok63.jpg

ewok62.jpg

with Daddy
ewok64.jpg

I love this pic, two little ewoks-looks like they are takin a break before they have to go back on set
ewok67.jpg

Attacking Lord Vader
ewok66.jpg

Posing together
0202.jpg

Thank you all for the wonderful support, it means a great deal to me and is very encouraging!
TK-4820

Those came out FANTASTIC! Great work! The one suggestion I'd add is something we did for my daughter....add some foam in the belly area to give her the potbelly look that Ewoks have. We just made a fat belly out of foam and clipped it around her waist.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back