Tron Shoulder Pads

MrSinistar

Tron_shoulder_pad_prop.jpg

I need help identifying what type of shoulder pad this is. I can't find anything on eBay that closely resembles it. It looks like Louisville or a Sherwood pad but I checked on eBay and it's not them, unless I'm should be looking for vintage late 70s pads.

I contacted one of the guys at Moviepropking.com and he couldn't help me out with IDing the armor, but he says his was yellow before the prop people at Disney painted it white. As you can see in the picture, this pad was originally orange.

More pictures:

Crom_cesta.jpg

Ram_crom.jpg

As you can tell, there's no back pad, unlike the enemy shoulder pads. Note the strap on the back of Ram (left figure).

Lieutenant_back.jpg

TRON_SUPPLEMENTAL-0.jpg

ttttback.jpg

As you can tell, the enemy pads are completely different from the good guy ones. Note the neck, general body shape and shoulder pads.

It's possible that the two-piece shoulder pads can be removed from the chest pad, as see on Tron here:

Tron_with_disk.jpg

3757537140_d4851a70e6.jpg

3937822427_14d94518d0.jpg

I'm trying to make an accurate costume and I would really love if anyone can help me identify what the good guy pads are.

Thanks in advance.

Actually, you know what...I think I put this in the wrong board. Could an admin post this on the Replica Costume board for me please? Thanks.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back