Size of Studio Vader's TIE?

canofhumdingers

I'm curious about how big the actual studio model of Darth Vader's TIE X-1 starfighter was. I'm especially curious about how big it was next to a studio X wing or y wing.

I ask because I've recently started collecting the F-toys 1/144 scale starships. Over all they are awesome & super detailed & the scale from vehicle to vehicle feels "about right". EXCEPT Vader's TIE. It's TINY!! I did some calculations and based on the official "real life" size the f toys ship is about an inch too short. That's significant when the whole ship is roughly an inch and a half long!

It'd be really awesome if someone had a pic of the actual filming models with the X-1 & an xwing sitting next to each other.

I wonder if F-toys got it right (the cockpit ball on the f-toys X-1 is the same size as the cockpit ball on the TIE Interceptor & the internal dimensions/proportions of the X-1 look correct) & the official size is way off, or it it's vice versa...

From what I know, some scales of the F-toys models and Fine Molds kits are not correct.
The 1:72 Millennium Falcon, tie-fighter and tie-interceptor are actually 1:96.
The 1:144 Millennium Falcon, tie-fighter, tie-interceptor, Darths Vaders tie-fighter and AT-AT are actually 1:192.
(This is based on the Millenium Falcon, tie-fighter and Darth Vaders tie-fighter models made for ANH being 1:24 and the AT-AT beeing 1:48.)

That's what I was afraid of. I knew the 1/72 falcon was supposedly off, but wasn't aware basically all the TIEs & the new smaller falcon were too. Oh well. They're still awesome little toys/models. & sitting them next to each other, the scales do look "close enough" seeing as they're fictional ships without 100% firm sizes anyway... except for Vader's TIE. It just looks tiny.

So does anyone know (or know where I can find) the dimensions of the actual studio prop of vader's TIE? Thanks.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back