Tennant Sonic Screwdrivers

arwa

Sr Member
I haven't posted anything meaningful for some time and because I work an odd schedule this is long over due. I haven't had time to work on them, but here are a few shots of what I was working on when I had time.

I was hoping to make one an actual light pen for work, but I cannot for the life of me get the battery-button-light combination to work. That was the other reason for forgetting about them. Simple, I don't know what I am doing. :lol

I will have to redo the top of the two piece sonic because i want to make that a sliding version (no light) when I get around to it.

-arwa

Yes, that is my foot, or what I refer to as my 4th hand.

Last edited:
have you tried useing the sound board from the 11th doctors toy

Well the speaker in the 11th Doctor Sonic is like 12mm and the soundboard is super tiny too. It would be pretty easily to get the electronics out of the green column and stick them in yours. I mean the green column is like one long pen light.

New images added

Still need to figure out how to finish the top emmiter section.

This is an extra one that I had left over. The emmiter bar is a little off. but this is how they all started- one solid piece :thumbsup

I haven't posted anything meaningful for some time and because I work an odd schedule this is long over due. I haven't had time to work on them, but here are a few shots of what I was working on when I had time.

I was hoping to make one an actual light pen for work, but I cannot for the life of me get the battery-button-light combination to work. That was the other reason for forgetting about them. Simple, I don't know what I am doing. :lol

I will have to redo the top of the two piece sonic because i want to make that a sliding version (no light) when I get around to it.

-arwa

Yes, that is my foot, or what I refer to as my 4th hand.

Oh wow, that turned out really well. Awesome job. What did you use for the lens? Also, is that colony cream or some kind of other paint crackle combo. I'm loving it, the paint job is great.

Oh wow, that turned out really well. Awesome job. What did you use for the lens? Also, is that colony cream or some kind of other paint crackle combo. I'm loving it, the paint job is great.

The lense was off of the original one I created several years ago. It is actually a small bulb off of a ceramic Christmas tree that I reshaped. I bought it for a $0.05.

The paint was just la black layer of ceramic paint around the handle area. Next was a layer of Delta Crackle coat. I used Craftsmart ivory paint from Michaels ($0.59). It turned out pretty good. I just need to a couple little adjustments to the top and clean up the emmiter section.

Then I just need to figure out the electronics for "the brother" sonic...

-arwa

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back