The PEPAKURA question thread - PLEASE READ RULES IN FIRST POST!

Re: pdo files

I've download some pdo files that i am trying to open with pepakura designer but it opens only in pepakura viewer.Why is this happening??Can someone explain it??

Files that have been locked (presumably by the modeler) cannot be modified or rescaled, only printed as they are set in Viewer. Designer will kick you out and automatically open them in viewer. Modelers lock their files like this so that people can't monkey with them, only use them as they are configured.

Re: pdo files

Files that have been locked (presumably by the modeler) cannot be modified or rescaled, only printed as they are set in Viewer. Designer will kick you out and automatically open them in viewer. Modelers lock their files like this so that people can't monkey with them, only use them as they are configured.
Thanks a lot for the info about the files laellee.I really didn't want to do anything inapropreate with this files,i just wanted to rescale them so that the helmets would be the exact size of my head.Thanks again.

I just use the cheap bristle chip brushes from Home Depot. Occasionally you'll get a lose hair though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just use the cheap bristle chip brushes from Home Depot. Occasionally you'll get a lose hair though

I buy mine at Harbor Freight...you do get stray hairs (I try to knock most of them out before I use them) but they have the advantage of being like $10 for 40. It's not worth the effort to try to reuse them (and believe me, I got some acetone and tried at first but they just make an enormous mess...easier to just throw out 10 per session than to bother)

You could also try those cheap sponge brushes if you get a good deal, I'd feel less bad about throwing those away but I also don't think they'll work as well.

Greetings,

I'm trying to scale an Ironman pepakura armor to fit my 3 1/2 years old boy. I'm having a hell of a time doing it because his proportions are not those of an adult which are the ones used for the original files. Any help changing the pepakura files to fit his body? I know he's going to outgrow it very fast but I still want to do it with him. For reference, here's a picture of a paper Iron Man Mark 1 helmet scaled to 75% of its original size and grotesquely modified to fit his very round head:
hNqguH4.jpg

Thank you very much in advance!

Hello,

I'd like to build a "dwarven dreadnought" like image below, but I don't really know where to start ...
Dwarven Dreadnought2.jpg

Could you first tell me in which section I should start a thread to ask for help ?

Thanks.

Hey all.
I'm super duper new to Pepakura and cosplay prop making in general so I apologize in advance for the hella noob questions.
I'm running on a super short time frame, and I need something to make my paper much stronger.
I'm currently using Craft Smart Ultra Glue (a cheaper, but stronger option to Mod Podge)
But I'm finding its 'warping' my paper slightly, as did the Mod Podge, which is most likely because of the fact I used just standard paper.
Fibre glassing is totally out of the question, for many reasons, unfortunately.
I'm from Australia so I'm struggling to find some of the other things mentioned in earlier posts in this thread.
I just need it to be as strong as possible without costing me a fortune.
Any help at all would be greatly appreciated, thanks! :3

But I'm finding its 'warping' my paper slightly, as did the Mod Podge, which is most likely because of the fact I used just standard paper.
Fibre glassing is totally out of the question, for many reasons, unfortunately.

If you're using anything flimisier than heavy cardboard, there really isn't a good alternative to fiberglass that won't warp or otherwise destroy the paper. (And even for cardboard there really isn't...you might get away with coating it in some kind of epoxy clay but it'd probably be extremely brittle). If you're using normal weight paper, it probably wouldn't even hold up to the the resin to be quite honest - at a minimum you really should be using cardstock.

If you absolutely cannot use fiberglass for some reason, you should probably be working in foam instead of paper. :(

RSVP: IM SOOO STUCK!!!
so i made an eva foam titanfall imc helmet cuz i like working with foam but im attempting to harden it with resin. pretty much i followed all the step to finish and eva foam pep down to the mod podge and then i tried hardening it with bondo fiberglass resin. its about 60 degrees out where i live so when my resin didnt harden i figured it was just because it was cold. i tried all the tricks. i sprayed on more hardener i even hit it with the heat gun and everything bubbled out and appeared to cure but its still tacky, not wet, just very tacky. i currently have it in a homemade curing oven (upturned container with heat gun blowing into it lined with tin foil) if this doesnt work im going to just try dabbing it with tissue paper and then recoating it with another layer of resin hopefully with the right mixture. i just cant seem to get the mixture right.

does anyone have any advice or am i totally boned? id really like to not lose my mask.

RSVP: IM SOOO STUCK!!!
so i made an eva foam titanfall imc helmet cuz i like working with foam but im attempting to harden it with resin. pretty much i followed all the step to finish and eva foam pep down to the mod podge and then i tried hardening it with bondo fiberglass resin. its about 60 degrees out where i live so when my resin didnt harden i figured it was just because it was cold. i tried all the tricks. i sprayed on more hardener i even hit it with the heat gun and everything bubbled out and appeared to cure but its still tacky, not wet, just very tacky. i currently have it in a homemade curing oven (upturned container with heat gun blowing into it lined with tin foil) if this doesnt work im going to just try dabbing it with tissue paper and then recoating it with another layer of resin hopefully with the right mixture. i just cant seem to get the mixture right.

does anyone have any advice or am i totally boned? id really like to not lose my mask.

The temperature is not your problem. I live in Alaska. In the panhandle area. Juneau is a rainforest. Lots of humidity. I've done fiberglass outside in as low as 44 degrees. What was your ratio of resin to fiberglass hardener drops. What brand are you using. Feel free to pm me if you like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used bondo brand. 3 tablespoon resin to 1/8 teaspoon hardener is what I used because the instructions said 6 tablespoon to 1/4 teaspoon hardener. I just tested a smaller scrap of foam and tissue paper with a resin with more hardener. Waiting to see results of that.

Hello all,

I'm not sure where else would be a good place to ask this, but I'm looking for a Noob Saibot Pepakura file. I've searched this forum and googled my way around, but all of the links I've found are dead. I found a Sub Zero mask and I could probably modify that to suit my needs, but I was wondering if anyone might know of where I can get the file before I start slashing my way through Sub Zero.

Thanks,

- Joseph.

Hello all,

I'm not sure where else would be a good place to ask this, but I'm looking for a Noob Saibot Pepakura file. I've searched this forum and googled my way around, but all of the links I've found are dead. I found a Sub Zero mask and I could probably modify that to suit my needs, but I was wondering if anyone might know of where I can get the file before I start slashing my way through Sub Zero.

Thanks,

- Joseph.

You can download a pep mask from 'Gluing Dream' here:

http://pepakura.ru/razvertki-modeleu/maski/maska-noob-saibot-iz-mortal-combat.html#respond

The link is under the pepkaura front-view picture, labeled Saibot Mask

laellee!

Thank you so much!

I was just reading through your IGOR build and getting ideas for other projects, haha!

Here's a question: How well will this Pep file transfer over to EVA foam? I have the thick anti-fatigue mats and the 1/16th craft foam. I'm not planning on bondoing a paper-crafted mask.

Any tips/suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
That file will work well for foam with very little modding. Just open the file in Pepakura, and go into 2d menu. Uncheck show flaps, and then select Join adjacent edges. Set the threshold to .50mm and select OK. That'll set the file up fairly well for foam, scaling and paper size/etc may have to be adjusted as well.
Craft foam will not want to hold the shape well, I would build it with your anti-fatigue mats (best case scenario for me would be 1/4" or 6mm foam that is smooth on both sides, but regular fatigue mats will work).

When i put the pepakura scaling to 300 height the width become 191, is that right ? because on youtube videos the numbers are different ?

P.S. my i didn't buy the full version so i don't know if that's gonna make any difference or not

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back