The PEPAKURA question thread - PLEASE READ RULES IN FIRST POST!

Hi, I made some pepakura model, but I can't use a resin anymore. Is toxic and I haven't a space to do that, how I can harder a paper to sanding and printing? I know maybe I can buy foam but in my country is impossibile to find the only eva foam I find is a Decathlon's yoga carpet LOL.

So, now I try paper mache but the results is poor...

Thanks, and sorry for this question but i red many tutorials here but I don't understand and most of the time the materials do not exist in Italy.

Hi, I made some pepakura model, but I can't use a resin anymore. Is toxic and I haven't a space to do that, how I can harder a paper to sanding and printing? I know maybe I can buy foam but in my country is impossibile to find the only eva foam I find is a Decathlon's yoga carpet LOL.

So, now I try paper mache but the results is poor...

Thanks, and sorry for this question but i red many tutorials here but I don't understand and most of the time the materials do not exist in Italy.

You can find the foam, or plastazote on Ebay ;)

You can find the foam, or plastazote on Ebay ;)

thanks, Can you pm me a seller?I try to find a good seller but I find only carpet yoga seller in the uk, I can't buy that in USA because the italian taxes is too high...

I find plastazote in my country, but in all forum the people say the foam is better. Which phisical different there are? Density?material?And can you tell me the density of eva foam?

Last edited:
Ok this is my first run at Pepakura attempt and I have read through many of the posts in this thread. I am looking at making Iron Patriot( http://www.therpf.com/f24/jackieisr...t-pepakura-files-v2-files-coming-soon-164748/ ) My first attempt. The problem i am coming across is I don't know how to size it for me. I am 6 foot 3 inches tall and the default scale for it is for a 6 foot 9.6 inch person. Is there a video or thread that goes over this?

thanks, Can you pm me a seller?I try to find a good seller but I find only carpet yoga seller in the uk, I can't buy that in USA because the italian taxes is too high...

I find plastazote in my country, but in all forum the people say the foam is better. Which phisical different there are? Density?material?And can you tell me the density of eva foam?

I've never personally used Plastazote foam, but I'm pretty sure the Xrobots guy (he posts here frequently and has a website at XRobots.co.uk) uses plastazote for his builds and it seems to work out great for him. My impression is that Plastizote is a little more rigid and less "floppy" than EVA foam, but has a more porous surface. I could be wrong though.

L-200 foam is also supposed to be great and you can find a number of places on the internet where you can purchase it. I believe several members of this board use it, and it was used to make the awesome looking Half Life HEV suit in "Enter the Freeman"

Last edited:
Ok this is my first run at Pepakura attempt and I have read through many of the posts in this thread. I am looking at making Iron Patriot( http://www.therpf.com/f24/jackieisr...t-pepakura-files-v2-files-coming-soon-164748/ ) My first attempt. The problem i am coming across is I don't know how to size it for me. I am 6 foot 3 inches tall and the default scale for it is for a 6 foot 9.6 inch person. Is there a video or thread that goes over this?

395 overall would work, but it's still best to scale the parts individually to your size by using measure distance between two points function in Pepakura. The waist on the model proportion is really narrow, most people have to adjust or modify parts to make them fit properly. You can PM me if you have any other questions, I have a lot of experience with Jackie's Patriot.

I've never personally used Plastazote foam, but I'm pretty sure the Xrobots guy (he posts here frequently and has a website at XRobots.co.uk) uses plastazote for his builds and it seems to work out great for him. My impression is that Plastizote is a little more rigid and less "floppy" than EVA foam, but has a more porous surface. I could be wrong though.

L-200 foam is also supposed to be great and you can find a number of places on the internet where you can purchase it. I believe several members of this board use it, and it was used to make the awesome looking Half Life HEV suit in "Enter the Freeman"

thanks man, I found foam in a big shop in my town. I don't know if is eva foam or something like plastizote the only thing I know is perfect for this stuff :). Soon I will try my first project ;)

I am not sure if I am in the right place, but I have a friend that is looking for a pepakura file for Ian McKellan's Magneto's Helmet from the original X-Man Trilogy. If anyone can help, I would be very grateful. Thanks!

-Chris

Hi all, I am sorry if this has already been answered. I am dying to try out pepekura. I downloaded the pep viewer. My problem is I find a free (want to try it out before spending a bunch, but willing to buy files eventually) file and it is on 4shared. I download the file and when I try to open it, all I get is the pep designer installer. I then look for it through the viewer and I either cannot find it or I get the designer installer. I really feel like I am missing something simple here but it is driving me crazy. Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi all, I am sorry if this has already been answered. I am dying to try out pepekura. I downloaded the pep viewer. My problem is I find a free (want to try it out before spending a bunch, but willing to buy files eventually) file and it is on 4shared. I download the file and when I try to open it, all I get is the pep designer installer. I then look for it through the viewer and I either cannot find it or I get the designer installer. I really feel like I am missing something simple here but it is driving me crazy. Any help would be much appreciated.

Have you been able to open ANY .pdo files with your download of Pepakura Viewer? The .pdo files you are trying may be causing the problem, although I've not heard of Viewer software auto-prompting the designer installer. If you downloaded your Viewer from somewhere other than Tamasoft, try uninstalling the copy and getting a new download straight from the site. You can also right mouse click on one of your .pdo files, go to open with... and choose Pepakura Viewer, just to be sure that (if you are opening the file from your desktop) that it is actually using viewer to open the .pdo.

Hi I started to make my first pepakura model and not having an idea where to start I decided to do something that "I thought would be easy" I chose the Green Goblin Helmet as it looked very straight forward and relatively few parts. Firstly I am using Pepakura Designer 3 for my program.

Anyways I read a few tutorials on rescaling and so went about doing this. Still it was an interesting experience as I learnt that I should have started putting together certain parts first as it could have saved a lot of time overall.

My problem is this. After I rescaled to what I thought was right, printed and put together, when I finished I found that the helm was to small to fit my boys head (was building it for him as father/son work project), in fact it seemed way to small. So with this completed model I decided to rescale it again factoring in what I think the head would require and discovered that now parts hang over the various pages and I have no idea what to do to print them now. I assume there must be something to allow this to happen but reading what I could I eludes me.

The below picture is what I am ending up with.

View attachment 224803

Any help please?

Hi I started to make my first pepakura model and not having an idea where to start I decided to do something that "I thought would be easy" I chose the Green Goblin Helmet as it looked very straight forward and relatively few parts. Firstly I am using Pepakura Designer 3 for my program.

Anyways I read a few tutorials on rescaling and so went about doing this. Still it was an interesting experience as I learnt that I should have started putting together certain parts first as it could have saved a lot of time overall.

My problem is this. After I rescaled to what I thought was right, printed and put together, when I finished I found that the helm was to small to fit my boys head (was building it for him as father/son work project), in fact it seemed way to small. So with this completed model I decided to rescale it again factoring in what I think the head would require and discovered that now parts hang over the various pages and I have no idea what to do to print them now. I assume there must be something to allow this to happen but reading what I could I eludes me.

The below picture is what I am ending up with.

View attachment 224803

Any help please?

Well I solved my problem after extensive research which sadly didn't give me an answer that could help. My wife snuck on to my pc and played around with various settings and voila solved. All she did is -

1. Scale your model to the desired size, the pieces will appear wherever on your 2d page.
2. Select the extended piece and then by going 2D Menu > Edit Mode > Join/Disjoin Face (or just Ctrl -N) you can hover your mouse of the area where you wish to make a break. A Green line appears where you wish the cut to appear. Click the green line and voila a cut appears complete with a Tab. Don't like where the cut was made, then by hovering your mouse over the cut and clicking the red line, the pieces rejoin.
3. 2D Menu > Edit Mode > Select and Move (or Ctrl - M) to move your new pieces to where ever.

Easier than I thought.

Cheers

Well I solved my problem after extensive research which sadly didn't give me an answer that could help. My wife snuck on to my pc and played around with various settings and voila solved. All she did is -

1. Scale your model to the desired size, the pieces will appear wherever on your 2d page.
2. Select the extended piece and then by going 2D Menu > Edit Mode > Join/Disjoin Face (or just Ctrl -N) you can hover your mouse of the area where you wish to make a break. A Green line appears where you wish the cut to appear. Click the green line and voila a cut appears complete with a Tab. Don't like where the cut was made, then by hovering your mouse over the cut and clicking the red line, the pieces rejoin.
3. 2D Menu > Edit Mode > Select and Move (or Ctrl - M) to move your new pieces to where ever.

Easier than I thought.

Cheers

You can also turn on 2d menu>Check overlapping parts before you start reorienting; I orient a lot of my parts EXTREMELY close together, it keeps me from stacking any pieces.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back