The PEPAKURA question thread - PLEASE READ RULES IN FIRST POST!

Re: Best material to use with .pep files?

Are you in the uk? If so, the works do a pack of 15 sheets for 99p. Sure you can find cheaper online also.

As for the thin foldy strips with the tabs. Just make sure you score down them to make folding easier. Also. I had alot of success gluing the tab to its connecting part and then folding.

Its taken me 4 attempts to get it right so try not to get too down if you mess up.

Good luck!

Well, I'm not in the UK but from the Netherlands.

Mayby I'll head into town this afternoon and go to some stores to look at what they have to offer. Not familiar with all the xxx gsm measurements and stuff, but I'll try to find the best one that I can fold with

I think 160gsm is medium thickness for cardstock. Seems to be pretty standard around these parts.

Just one little question, what's the best glue to use? Using something called a "pritt stift" right now, some kind of sticky stuff that's not really liquid.

barely works on paper, but if I used normal glue, it would get a big mess..

I also came across a topic that mentioned a "tester" version for the sharkmark. Printing as we speak and glueing it together to see if it fits. But when it does, is it the same scale as the original?

Last edited:
Noob questions apologies..

Im attempting to play around and do an Iron Man Mask. Within Pepakura I notice there is a print setting.

ITs currently set to "letter" (I assume by default?) IS that the correct setting for making the helmet?? How do I work out the "scale" if I find it too big on my head?

Noob questions apologies..

Im attempting to play around and do an Iron Man Mask. Within Pepakura I notice there is a print setting.

ITs currently set to "letter" (I assume by default?) IS that the correct setting for making the helmet?? How do I work out the "scale" if I find it too big on my head?

If you are in the uk, change the printer setting to A4.

Which helmet file are you using?

Letter its the size of paper. As notes above, if you use A4, change. To scale, there is increase/decrease 10% option. Try that. Otherwise hit recalculate layout and change the size.

If you are in the uk, change the printer setting to A4.

Which helmet file are you using?

Yep UK..Suffolk to be a little more precise.

So just change the printer setting to A4?

Im using the Sharkmark MK VI file I belive

Letter its the size of paper. As notes above, if you use A4, change. To scale, there is increase/decrease 10% option. Try that. Otherwise hit recalculate layout and change the size.

I have had a play around with that in the past, If I set it to A4 as above, then hit recalculate it fits all the parts onto one sheet of A4 and adjusts all of the parameters in the scale options under the "2D Menu".

Getting the size right was case of trial and error with me. I finished my 2nd attempt and found it was way too small so i increased the size by 20% and then found it too be way too big. Finally, i got my mrs to measure the width of my head and then added extra on too take into account for fibreglass and foam.

Im a relative noob to this myself but think im getting there. Below is a link to stealth's youtube tutorials. I learnt alot from him in every aspect of the prop building process. If you havent already seen them, definitely give them a go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONn-ouDBc74&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Yeah I ahve watched quite a few of those actually, Im still a little stumped as to what measurements to actually use.

By the time I change things like the A4 setting and do a recalculate it just fits everything onto one sheet of A4 which just doesn't seem right to me.

Your scale definitely sounds abit off to me. My MK III was spread over 15 pages.

Hopefully this pic may help.

Last edited:
Yeah, pepakura shrinks everything when you recalculate the parts. You have to re align all of the parts yourself after scaling, at least I haven't found a way yet to do it without having to move every piece around yet.

-The Armorer

Do that and none of the parts seem to fit on the page?

I have my print settings (within pepakura) set to A4 and landscape.

Pepakura1_zps5e296f8d.jpg

Edited...

Ahhh right didn't see the post above mine. So you have to manually move parts around. I assumed it automatically sorted it out for you. Wishfull thinking I suppose!

Last edited:
That looks about right now. I set it to portrait as well but may not make a great deal of difference. There is an option when you right click on the right hand page with the parts on. Its called join/disjoin. Click on that option and it will enable you to split the parts that are too big for the page.

Ok, so I decided to pep a Master Chief from Flying squirrels files. Been watching Cereal Killers thread and he posted that it was constructed at a highth of 280mm. He said it fit his head great. I printed then cut it all out. Got the top cap part done and compared it to the helmet that the game came in ( like Cereal Killer did ) and it is actually smaller than that one. Should have been bigger. I looked at my file that I saved when I enlarged it in designer and it is 280mm. Is there something else I need to do ? Frustrating printing,cutting, putting together and it is wrong. Help

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back