Page 2 of 79 FirstFirst 12345671252 ... LastLast
Subscribe
    From
    Canada
    May 28, 2010, 1:59 PM - Re: WHAT Is Pepakura, And How Do I Get Involved??? #26

I agree. Putting together a PDF library would be a great idea.

They did that over at thedentedhelmet.com. All the PDF templates are consolidated into one thread for everyone to use.
    From
    Tortuga
    May 28, 2010, 2:01 PM - Re: WHAT Is Pepakura, And How Do I Get Involved??? #27

Hey MODS!!! Howsabout a PEP Sticky???????????
  3. Member Since
    Jan 2010
    From
    Seymour,ct
    May 28, 2010, 3:21 PM - Re: WHAT Is Pepakura, And How Do I Get Involved??? #28

stormtrooperguy said: View Post
    I'll piggyback on here to avoid starting up another thread

The lack of a Mac version has been lamented many times. I'm one of those... I have several Macs and several Linux desktops. I don't really want to load up Windows just for this.

Is it possible to save the PDO as a PDF or something, so that they can be printed out by anyone, on any platform?

If so, I wonder if anyone could be talked into making a PDF library...
    if you want i can print some up for you since live close by
  4. Member Since
    Jun 2009
    May 28, 2010, 8:26 PM - Re: WHAT Is Pepakura, And How Do I Get Involved??? #29

I might be missing something, but i checked the today for the library of pep pdfs at the dented helmet. couldnt find em.

I am just doing something silly and thick, or does it no longer exist?
    From
    Las Vegas
    May 29, 2010, 4:27 AM - Re: WHAT Is Pepakura, And How Do I Get Involved??? #30

The only problem with a pdf library is that the scale of a .pdo that is converted to .pdf is a pain in the crotch to re-scale outside of pep designer. You might end up looking like a bobble head or worse depending on the file you choose.

I recommend finding the files you want and having someone scale them for you.
    From
    Texas
    May 29, 2010, 8:54 AM - Re: WHAT Is Pepakura, And How Do I Get Involved??? #31

Waybe is similar to Pepakura and it is Mac friendly!
    http://waybe.weebly.com/index.html
    From
    Hamden, CT
    May 29, 2010, 1:26 PM - Re: WHAT Is Pepakura, And How Do I Get Involved??? #32

Dung0beetle said: View Post
    Waybe is similar to Pepakura and it is Mac friendly!
    http://waybe.weebly.com/index.html
    Can waybe open .pdo files?
    From
    Calgary, Alberta
    May 30, 2010, 12:19 AM - Question re. Pepakura Desinger #33

I did a search on the site, and have clicked randomly on buttons in the program like a good little geek with no joy.

Can anyone tell me if there's settings to change, or a way to increase the size of and/or move the edge numbers in Pep? When I was 25 I'm sure they would have been OK (perhaps), but that was 20 years ago and the eyes aren't what they used to be.

What I'd like to do is both increase font size for the edge numbers, and perhaps move them so there's no overlap on small pieces.
    From
    Louisiana
    May 30, 2010, 12:24 AM - Re: Question re. Pepakura Desinger #34

Not much you can do for the overlap but the font size should be under "line settings" in the 2D window tab.

Might be "Line Properties" depending on what version you have.
    From
    Texas
    May 30, 2010, 12:44 AM - Re: Question re. Pepakura Desinger #35

Settings - other settings - "other" tab it's under "font size of edge id"
    From
    Louisiana
    May 30, 2010, 12:53 AM - Re: Question re. Pepakura Desinger #36

Dung0beetle said: View Post
    Settings - other settings - "other" tab it's under "font size of edge id"
    You're right. Guess I went brain dead and was thinking about PD2 and not PD3. Really sorry about that.
  12. Serve the Public Trust RPF Premium Member nachtinis's Avatar
    From
    Virginia, USA
    Jun 1, 2010, 12:24 PM - Re: WHAT Is Pepakura, And How Do I Get Involved??? #37

I occasionally HAVE to print pdf versions as my Pep View and PepD sometimes print all black pages.
    From
    New York, NY
    Jun 3, 2010, 7:20 PM - iron man pep question #38

I'm new to the world of pep and I'm sitting here with a table full of cut out pieces and I have no idea where to start. It's hard to identify which piece goes where.

Any suggestions on where to start? low or high numbers first? I'm spending half my time just finding two pieces that match.
    From
    Long Beach, CA
    Jun 3, 2010, 7:24 PM - Re: iron man pep question #39

fotokid said: View Post
    I'm new to the world of pep and I'm sitting here with a table full of cut out pieces and I have no idea where to start. It's hard to identify which piece goes where.

Any suggestions on where to start? low or high numbers first? I'm spending half my time just finding two pieces that match.
    Open the pep program, click on a bunch of pieces next to each other on the 3D model, find them in your bunch and start gluing. Then when you start to run out, click the next load of pieces around that bunch, find those and start gluing those. It'll get easier to sort them out the more you get done.
    From
    New York, NY
    Jun 3, 2010, 7:41 PM - Re: iron man pep question #40

WarMachine said: View Post
    Open the pep program, click on a bunch of pieces next to each other on the 3D model, find them in your bunch and start gluing. Then when you start to run out, click the next load of pieces around that bunch, find those and start gluing those. It'll get easier to sort them out the more you get done.
    Sadly I don't have the 3D model, only a PDF.
  16. RPF Premium Member TheNickFox's Avatar
    Jun 3, 2010, 8:14 PM - Re: iron man pep question #41

Just start...the more piece you put together the fewer you'll have to look through when looking for your next piece. I usually try to start at a distinctive part (Iron Man's "face" for example) rather than going by the order of the numbers.

I've never once kept the pepakura program open while working. Just keep at it. It seems daunting, but you can only move forward by just doing it.

On another note, people have requested a pepakura sub-forum, but I think we need a complete Iron Man Pep subforum.

There seems to be a million of these threads anymore.

-Nick
    From
    New York, NY
    Jun 4, 2010, 2:50 AM - Re: iron man pep question #42

TheNickFox said: View Post
    Just start...the more piece you put together the fewer you'll have to look through when looking for your next piece. I usually try to start at a distinctive part (Iron Man's "face" for example) rather than going by the order of the numbers.

I've never once kept the pepakura program open while working. Just keep at it. It seems daunting, but you can only move forward by just doing it.

On another note, people have requested a pepakura sub-forum, but I think we need a complete Iron Man Pep subforum.

There seems to be a million of these threads anymore.

-Nick
    Thanks for the pep talk! hah get it?? (terrible) And YES there should be an entire pep section and hopefully everyone will get a little less iron man crazy soon, including me.
    From
    Vancouver, BC
    Jun 4, 2010, 2:54 AM - Re: iron man pep question #43

fotokid said: View Post
    Thanks for the pep talk! hah get it?? (terrible) And YES there should be an entire pep section and hopefully everyone will get a little less iron man crazy soon, including me.
    What I like to do is seperate each piece out by page. I build by keeping the pepakura program open and matching up piece by piece and line things up that way. I actually use my cricut as a plotter and cutter so I don't even have numbers when I put pieces together but I find as long as I keep things seperated by page and use the pepakura software as a guide it's easy to get pieces together.
    From
    Athens,Ga
    Jun 4, 2010, 3:14 AM - Re: iron man pep question #44

whoa that's cool, isn't cricut the printer that cuts?
  20. VersionUp is offline VersionUp
    Jun 4, 2010, 4:20 AM - Re: iron man pep question #45

I think you should be more concerned about what type fold that you have to do for the sections. You just have to make sure you know about the mountain folds and valley folds.

And now that the Cricut is brought up, I actually thought about that 'cause my sister has 3 different sizes. Dancing Fool if you don't mind can you post up more about how to cut the Pep program it with Cricut?
    From
    Europe
    Jun 4, 2010, 6:04 AM - Re: iron man pep question #46

Sounds like the army, when we folded our clothing the right and the wrong way
    From
    Vancouver, BC
    Jun 4, 2010, 2:15 PM - Re: iron man pep question #47

VersionUp said: View Post
    I think you should be more concerned about what type fold that you have to do for the sections. You just have to make sure you know about the mountain folds and valley folds.

And now that the Cricut is brought up, I actually thought about that 'cause my sister has 3 different sizes. Dancing Fool if you don't mind can you post up more about how to cut the Pep program it with Cricut?
    Sure, what you need to do is export as a vector format, and choose emf.

Then you load up the emf in adobe illustrator or another vector editing package.

Unfortunately since Pepakura exports it as one big file you have to manually seperate it into the seperate pages.

Export each of these seperate pages as an SVG file.

Then you can load up the SVG's in either Make The Cut or Sure Cuts a Lot, they're both software packages for cutting out custom shapes on the Cricut.

I then do one pass with the pen attachment so I can plot all the lines, and then do a second pass with the cutting blade attached.
  23. RPF Premium Member DaddyfromNaboo's Avatar
    From
    Germany
    Jun 4, 2010, 2:18 PM - Re: WHAT Is Pepakura ?! - Go HERE for ALL pep tech discussions! #48

Bump to the front.
    From
    Tortuga
    Jun 4, 2010, 4:17 PM - Re: WHAT Is Pepakura, And How Do I Get Involved??? #49

Capn_Jack_Savvy said: View Post
    Hey MODS!!! Howsabout a PEP Sticky???????????
    ManFromNaboo! Thanks for the Sticky! It is nice that RPF is now in Pep!
    From
    Tortuga
    Jun 4, 2010, 4:20 PM - Re: The PEPAKURA resource and tech question thread - GO HERE FIRST! #50

Where can you find Pepkura?

http://www.tamasoft.co.jp/pepakura-e.../download.html

Where can I find a free 3D Computer Graphic program called Blender?

http://www.blender.org/