The PEPAKURA question thread - PLEASE READ RULES IN FIRST POST!

Re: The PEPAKURA resource and tech question thread - GO HERE FIRST!

Yes or No? Uploaded with ImageShack.us This has been giving me trouble. I've been wasting too much cardstock. So I wonder if anyone could help me out. Thanks!

Anyone know of sites that have pep files of real world weapons and ammo? I can't find must of anythign for real guns and ammo and since my shrink won't let me have the real thing i have to settle for this.

hi guys does anybody have a pepakura file for the Morita rifle from starship troopers? i have tried searching but to no avail, hopefully one of you guys may have it.
cheers in advance

Yes or No? Uploaded with ImageShack.us This has been giving me trouble. I've been wasting too much cardstock. So I wonder if anyone could help me out. Thanks!

Answer No, or the file will not be scaled correctly. It was most likely originally done with A4 paper. So print to A4 paper if you can find it, or legal size paper.

I have read the previous posts..*or tried to*..so please excuse me if I missed something.

I have a question about alternates to Bondo. I have read that some have used Spackling ..or a mixture of spackling/white glue to help smooth out the pet. Has anyone here tired that?

And if so..would that be put on before or AFTER the resin? (I plan on using smooth-cast.) Could the Spackling be put on before Smooth cast.

Thanks for any help.

You definitely want to apply the resin *before* any filler material. The resin and fiberglass cloth are what actually make the piece hold its shape.

If you're going to use an alternative to Bondo, make sure you look for drywall joint compound and not wall spackle. They're quite different in composition - spackle tends to be a lightweight filler with very little strength, really just for plugging small screw holes and whatnot. Joint compound is the heavier stuff used to seal the joints between wall boards and is *much* sturdier than most spackle. It's also boatloads cheaper. :)

HELP Please - Iron Man Paper Craft Helmet!

Hi all,
I downloaded the Iron Man Paper Craft Kit - Sharkmark VI - Helmet unfolded by Dubean33 and got the Pepakura Viewer Version 3!

Well, my problem is this, it said that my printer wasn't set correctly and did I want to scale it! (I said NO) And then set my printer to user defined to which it then set of on it's merry way printing page after page till it got to the 14th and then stopped for a well deserved rest lol.

My problem is that only around 3 of the 14 pages had the lines, tabs and score lines and the rest were just patterns by numbers!!!! Whoa, this isn't looking like a simple job anymore.

Is this normal or has my printer decided to take a few short cuts?

I'd really appreciate ANY Help or advice.

Re: HELP Please - Iron Man Paper Craft Helmet!

Cant offer you much advice, but that's definately not normal. Mine has done that before too when it was open in pepakura designer, but it didn't do that when it was open in pep viewer.

My printer keeps saying that the paper settings for the Pepakura file's differ and do I want to rescale them? do I?, it's an Iron Man Helmet and All I can do is set it to user defined and landscape in the printer to try to keep it happy!!!

Help or advice would be great!

Please help with pepakura ! ! !

people, i want to make a mark vi suit but the files are too big for me.

can someone please contact me via pm and please help me by scaling down the mark vi pieces to my size? I will provide asked measurements :D

i really need this guys, asap :) please please please if you know how to scale down properly contact me :D

^ thats not a person who could scale down files for me :/

Another question here lol,

Finally got most of the MK VI Helmet Built and is in 3 pieces at the moment!, Rear Helmet Part, Front Jaw Part & Mask area.

Wanted to be able to have the mask area fiberglassed seperatly saving time removing/cutting it with a multi tool etc and saving all the cool internal parts at the same time.

Problem is the Mask seems quite wide and it doesn't all seem to be holding a proper shape at present.....thinking of uploading some pics of my work so far but any help/ advice and such will be very much appreciated.

You'll need to make some struts/supports to hold the object's shape while you work on it. Not something I can really describe well without pictures, but it'd be easy to cut some strips of card to the proper width and glue them to the edges of the mask so it can't flatten itself out. A couple of coats of resin to set the shape, and then you can cut off the supports to finish the fiberglass work.

If that's not clear, I'll draft a couple of crappy diagrams later on. :)

Thanks for the advice Pilot, What an awkward thing Pep can be lol........Had held all 3 parts in place with making tape to get a feel of how it'll look ready for the supports to be put in only to then find a few problems with it...D'oh!

The main thing is that just trying to place it on my head as a test wear proved that for some reason, It doesn't fit?, set my printer to user defined and landscape and so on and PEP said that the printers settings differed from the PEP file settings and do I want to scale down to which I chose no so would have thought everything ws ok!

My other issue is that the parts which I call the ears should have been inverted.

Another good reason to read up properly on this first as even though I have done a fairly good build I didn't read up as much as I should have and never noticed the .-.- lines and the ---- lines so lesson learned......Probably 24+ hours gone into this and a fair result.

This still looks good and the kids love it...to be honest, so do I but it's going to be a numerical reference piece for my second build and a reminder to Read, learn, and most imortantly.....take your time.

oh joy!, more problems since my last post!!!!, decided to go get some 300gm or in US measurments 110lb card from my local craft shop and look at the neck brace before I start on my 2nd attempt at doing the helmet!, well isn't that whizzard, (NOT!).

I printed vthe Helmet out in Pepakura Viewer and the Neck in Pepakura Designer and now the neck would be a snug fit, I'd NEVER get it over my head?
I know that I don't have a large head or some form of GIGANTASIZM!!!! LOL, but am starting to get frustrated and wonder where I'm going wrong?

I'm 6ft or juuuuuuust slightly under and skinny so where do I go from here?

Do I use Pep Designer and Scale up 10% on EVERYTHING?

The neck seal I used is in 4 Pieces and look like they are missing something to hold a spine like part to the other matching 3 collar pieces too?

Uni, I found this
http://www.therpf.com/f24/robo3687s...vi-war-machine-news-7-11-a-88147/index50.html

from nick---
This is to everyone who is asking questions about scaling:
Each piece needs to be scaled separately!

Everyone is proportioned differently so to take the default proportions and just scale them across the board will result in something your height or your width but in the same shape as the original. You MUST size each piece to match the part of your body it's designed to fit over. Scaling each piece to the same number will NOT work for most people.

There is no magic way to figure out a scale
Just measure the body part you need to scale to, look at the dimensions of the piece in the program and adjust the scale until you have a good balance between the length, width, and depth in terms of matching your proportions.

It's more work, but if you don't do this your final product won't fit right.

Even if you scale to the same dimensions that someone else your same heigh and weight did you will STILL have issues because, like I said, everyone is proportioned differently. Their arms might be longer than yours, their legs shorter, have more muscle, have a wider chest, and a bigger butt, but weigh exactly what you weigh and be the same height.

Just take some time to figure out your scale for yourself and you will be just fine. And if you need to repep a piece because it doesn't fit, at least you know how it goes together now, meaning your second go will be faster and cleaner.

-Nick

Last edited:

i know there's a way to open autocad files (.dxf) into pepakura designer3, im having an incredibly difficult time doing that. every time i do it, pep designer crashes.

Last edited:

Ok, I have looked and looked for master chief's helmet but no luck..... I hope I'm at the right place?.... My brother in law got a chance to look at my iron man helmet, and really liked it. He asked if I could make master chiefs, and I said yes just as long as I could find the file that is a pdf file ( I have a mac ) So is the any body out there that can help me out? It would really mean a lot to me and would be a great x-mas present for when he comes home from over seas, yes he is a marine. So if you could help me out that would make my year.... and more than likely his to..... Thank you....
Your fellow builder DRIFTER

Ok, I have looked and looked for master chief's helmet but no luck..... I hope I'm at the right place?.... My brother in law got a chance to look at my iron man helmet, and really liked it. He asked if I could make master chiefs, and I said yes just as long as I could find the file that is a pdf file ( I have a mac ) So is the any body out there that can help me out? It would really mean a lot to me and would be a great x-mas present for when he comes home from over seas, yes he is a marine. So if you could help me out that would make my year.... and more than likely his to..... Thank you....
Your fellow builder DRIFTER

Did you read the first post in this thread as well and visited the website to the 405th, and asked there? I am sure that you will find some helpful information over there if you came up with zilch on the RPF ;)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back