New: Iron Man arc reactor (circuit)

hyperdyne

Sr Member
Yeah, so I know there are a billion ironman threads already! I caught the bug and had to make something.

I just finished researching the voice effect for my Vortex board and hope to have something soon. Looks pretty doable for a real time ironman voice. :thumbsup

Anyway I started small. Here is my arc reactor "simple" version. Lights up mad bright! :confused

ironman_arc1.jpg

ironman_arc3.jpg

ironman_arc2.jpg

Whole deal is only 3/8" thick!

If this one goes well I am planning on making a version that has lighting/flickering effects. Also going to give the same treatment for the repulsors w/ some cool firing effects. :)

Last edited:
Re: New: Iron Man arc reactor

Nice! But you really need to put something on the back so you can stick it to your chest.

Re: New: Iron Man arc reactor

Yeah, this is just the circuit board. The other parts will be done soon! Probably just use magnets to attach it.

Dang I wasnt thinking of putting it on my actual skin. More in a chest plate.

I guess if you wanted to double sided tape might work, but yikes taking that off would be painful!

nah real dedication would get tiny magnets inplanted under the skin and they would stick to this. Also useful for storing your house key while jogging

They are wired in parallel, and I'm 99% sure that's a pcb (so no wire).

For the flickering you could go all out and use some shift registers and an attiny to make them all individually addressable, then software PWM each one.

Yes, right now they are in parallel. No wire, this is a PCB.

Does anyone use shift registers anymore? :lol j/k, I still have them on one project.

I plan on having different effects, like the arc spinning up power and a damage mode.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back