Duct Tape Batman Mask

here's my take on the duct tape cowl

DSC06602.jpg

DSC06613.jpg

DSC06605.jpg

paired with a dirt cheap tdk inspired batman suit done a couple of years ago

Omel, that is some great work. Do you have a page that shows your progress or a 'how to' on that?

That's funny, I was just watching Aliens on the sci-fi channel yesterday when I made a comment to my wife. "look, even in the future they still use duct tape". You remember when Ripley went back to save the little girl, what did she use to bind the rifle and flame thrower together? DUCT TAPE !

All I need in my toolbox is some WD40 and duct tape. If it moves and it's not supposed, duct tape it! If it's supposed to move and it doesn't, hit it with the WD40!

Whoops, I just realized I need to be more clear. Do you have a how to or progress thread when you made your suit?

nope sorry bro, that costume was made way before i knew about this forum hence did not see a need to document the build, plus it was done in about 4 nights as a last minute decision to join a halloween office costume contest. but the cowl was basically done as seen in the video/foto link posted, was surprised to see that somebody else did it in duct tape :lol, mine was just a step further because i added some foam i shaped for the brow and cheek and used black duct tape and then spray painted it w/ dull black. the suit is just eva foam ( the floor puzzle mat used for childrens rooms)

It is impressive, but I have to wonder about the durability?

it was intended for a one time use, but have held up for several usage already, borrowed 3 times already by relatives, only needed touch up paint, although the suit needed some re-glueing on some pieces. it was after all a dirt cheap build.:lol

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back