future Star Trek guest appearances

Frosteon

I don't know this topic has been discussed before, so here it goes. At the beginning of some TNG seasons, a guest of one of the original cast makes an appearance at the beginning. Leonard McCoy, Montgomery Scott (AKA, Scotty) Spock and his father being the main ones. So... if a new Star Trek series were to air, who would you want to see make an appearance? It can be from TNG, Voyager, or DS9. I haven't seen a lot of DS9 yet, however my choices would be Worf and Alexander (together), Picard, Geordi, and Riker and Troi (together) and Tuvok. What are your thoughts?

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!
sffr52.gif

Sorry, I had to!:lol

I don't know if it would have the same appeal to me that seeing the original cast in TNG did---

That being said, I would probably want to see Picard first. Troi and Riker had their cameo episode in the finale of Enterprise (which was... bleeck!).

Other than that... Maybe Odo.

Or perhaps B4... having finally integrated all of Data's... well data into his own positronic brain- thus becoming Data's "twin brother" with all his memories.

Kevin

Last edited:
Have it set farther in the future (beyond Vulcan & Klingon lifespans even) and have B4/Data appear as a link to the previous generation. I say lets progress forward instead of re-frying our re-fried beans! :p

ahhh but the beauty of data is that the character can live on, something like Doctor Who. He can simply transfer to a to a new body. Data has always been curious about the human condition, I'd buy into the idea that he would also like to explore life as a different species or gender. Thirty years from now we could all be talking about who was the best Data.

The trouble with using Data is that as an android, he's not supposed to age. Brent Spiner, however, has aged almost a decade.

Actually there was already a little blurb of dialog in TNG that said he was designed to age physically... but I imagine it would be more slowly than your average human since he was found as a full adult nearly 30 years before TNG on Omicron Theta.

Considering they could make Patrick Stewart look 20 years younger in XMen 3- I don't see Brent Spiner's age/appearance being a huge issue.

He just has to make sure he doesn't put on anymore weight. ;)

Kevin

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back