Iron Man colors

Yes I did. I tried wading through pages and pages of stuff and couldnt locate it even though I saw it before. I am not sure why people take the time to say something rather then just giving the answer takes the same amount of time.

Biker

Gotta agree with BIKER here, they need to make it clear when they announce it because I know it's been announced in several threads to those who have asked but you all know it takes forever wading through threads to find the answer. Sorry BTW, I don't have your answer though. I can try to get my friend on the phone cuz I know he knows what paint to use (in terms of color name). But in all honesty, the way he did it was find the right color in a spray paint can and use it and his helmet turned out pretty awesome so if I can find out the color names I'll let you know dude.

It would be nice to have a thread that compiles what people have used and had success with. I think that is all BIKERFETT was trying to do.

There was a thread on here for a helmet where the maker said they used Duplicolor Champagne Gold for the gold. (Didn't want to mention the maker in case they didn't want me to)

That would be nice to have a definative thread with tips and tricks since this is the big focus of the board right now

biker

It would be nice to have a thread that compiles what people have used and had success with. I think that is all BIKERFETT was trying to do.

There was a thread on here for a helmet where the maker said they used Duplicolor Champagne Gold for the gold. (Didn't want to mention the maker in case they didn't want me to)

Though you got our info about this in our last talk in our thread.

Arizona Gold can be a gold color to base of, Ford , Renault Arizona red, Pepper red. But the problem is how you base color it. It will define the color depth. I advice experimenting a bit on some peices.

I also advice to go your nearest paintshop and look at their wide selection of variouse paints. Also the price ia VERY different. Some very expensive some cheaper.

Just as an observer, Hot Rod Red would be Candy Red. That rich blood colour on cars is achieved through a gold base coat, so keep that in mind for the red too.

candy apple red applied over a medium bright silver, the more coats of the red, the darker it gets.

the gold is also a candy colour over silver but not sure what shade

The Style guide for IM2 says the The mark V Suitcase PMS colors are Red is PMS 7427 silver is PMS 877. Maybe that helps some of you.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back