Ghostbusters And Tesla

ac385

With rumors of Ghost Busters 3 coming out I though there would be a renewed interest in GB props. Has anyone considered incorporating a Tesla type generator into a trap or proton pack?

If you've played the video game enough, you'll notice on the final version of the pack, that the ion arm transforms into a Jacobs Ladder, bu that's about as far as it goes. I'm not sure if you could talk me into wearing one of those . . .

I've looked at ways of sticking a jacobs ladder into the Ion Arm. All you would need to do is have a hollow ion arm assembly, and then have the mechanics (neon sign generator) sitting inside. On the outer block, just put your ladder and then connect the power source (neon sign generator) and there you have it, GB TVG Easter egg on your pack!

I've looked at ways of sticking a jacobs ladder into the Ion Arm. All you would need to do is have a hollow ion arm assembly, and then have the mechanics (neon sign generator) sitting inside. On the outer block, just put your ladder and then connect the power source (neon sign generator) and there you have it, GB TVG Easter egg on your pack!

And face the potential for bodily harm for the wearer and anyone else that gets close... Not necessary deadly but still potentially harmful, high voltage displays like this have no business in uncontrolled environments...

I agree it could be dangerous and I by no means meant to imply that someone should try wearing something like that or attempt a conversion without knowing exactly what they are doing, it would be well beyond my skill and comfort level. I was just wondering if someone had already attempted something like that. Tesla bolts shooting out of a trap would look sweeeeeet.

while cool... I think a safer option would be to line the clear portion of the emitter in the wand with different lengths of wire and hook them up to a LOW power stun gun circuit. If you're using a resin wand then that would be the best... and you would get a really cool arc effect inside the wand but would allow you to take your finger off the switch before anyone gets to close. Just a thought.
Better than a Jacob's Ladder mounted behind you where you can't see who's reaching out to it!

I keep getting all excited for Ghostbusters 3, but the rumors keep flip-flopping... Hopefully I'll get it settled tomorrow. Dan Aykroyd is going to be in town to promote his vodka and I'm just going to ask him point-blank. I'll let you guys know what he says.

Sorry to go off topic for a second, but does anyone know where to find Aykroyd's vodka tour schedule?

Also, I would love to see pics of the jacob's ladder from the game...

Here's a thought for safe electrical discharges coming from a trap:
Compressed air blowing through tiny rubber tubes (cut to about 1 foot in length.)
This causes them to jump about erratically.
Run eL wire through them, and you've got blue arcs jumping around.
Could also use fiber optics.
Deploying it would be awesome.
Retraction would be another challenge.

Here's a thought for safe electrical discharges coming from a trap:
Compressed air blowing through tiny rubber tubes (cut to about 1 foot in length.)
This causes them to jump about erratically.
Run eL wire through them, and you've got blue arcs jumping around.
Could also use fiber optics.
Deploying it would be awesome.
Retraction would be another challenge.

Don't worry about retraction... just set it up to smoke perfusely afterward and nobody will notice the limp EL wires.

We are currently in the process of mounting 200mW lasers in our proton guns. The goal is to be able to pop balloons with ghosts drawn on them.

We are currently in the process of mounting 200mW lasers in our proton guns. The goal is to be able to pop balloons with ghosts drawn on them.

You'll need to be incredibly careful doing that anywhere even remotely public. Hit a shiny surface and you could end up instantly blinding someone.

As neon sign generators weigh more than a large car battery and are around twice as big , and require mains voltage ...I have to assume the incredible hulk will be wearing the ghostbusters uniform stood besides a power outlet at all times in your fuddled brain ?

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back