Witch-king of Angmar (Finished) With Templates (12/29/2012)

Re: WIP: Witch-king of Angmar

This is amazing! I made a Witch King for a friend over this past summer, and it's not nearly as incredible :p!

308112_221888081191940_193671420680273_542083_5813126_n.jpg

311861_221887817858633_193671420680273_542081_1105206_n.jpg

I made a wraith costume a few years back that was decent but this is great! This rules very, very much. Thanks for getting me inspired. This may be an upcoming build for me. ;)

First of all, amazing work with the Witch King costume :eek:

I just have a quick question, I was wondering what are those circular metal-clip thingies that you use to put your armour together? (E.g. the different joints on the fingers)

Well hello there Fuuhren.

They are pop-rivets and washers. (Washers are very important as the styrene plastic is pretty weak and bends, so just riveting can result in breaks)

They sell them at hardware stores just about anywhere.

Hello all
I wish to make a full Witch King costume for myself.
I already have the Helmet PDO file.
Is there othere PDO or templets file like the gauntlet, armor, boots, shoulder armor, etc.
Thank you for your time

Ok so I joined this specifically so I could reply to this thread after getting the idea to do this as a costume for this Halloween this year. Yeah I know...ambitious. Your build is definitely one of the best I have found. Almost all of my questions have been answered in this thread and I think I'm going to mimic the method of heat and wire for the ridges of the gauntlets, etc. You mentioned a long time back in this thread posting templates? Outlines? Something like that? Anything like that available to help speed my work here?

Last edited:

I was wondering how you did the gauntlets and kept the articulation in the fingers? Did you just rivet the individual pieces to the gloves and then overlap the next piece or do you have a different method? Man, I hop you're still around to read this. :)

4626510966_29c0a812d1_z.jpg

This is how I did the gauntlets. More Pictures: Art Projects - a set on Flickr

I punched a hole in the gloves and used those holes to rivet the pieces in place. They arn't super secure, but they are secure enough.

Templates would be good, but I threw all of them out after I was done making this two years ago. Although, even though I templated it, I redid lots of the parts on the fly, making those templates not really accurate anymore. The fingers armor pieces I cut out of the plastic, and then trimmed them down so that they all fit correctly. They are basically all identical.

I've considered doing this again and vacuforming the knuckles. They are pretty ugly right now haha.

Awesome thread and costume build. Pondering one of these myself and this thread will be a great reference. Where do folks purchase their 1/8" styrene sheeting? Never done this before but have built models before so interested in building a costume and getting my bearings regarding material.

Thanks in advance.

somegeek

Awesome thread and costume build. Pondering one of these myself and this thread will be a great reference. Where do folks purchase their 1/8" styrene sheeting? Never done this before but have built models before so interested in building a costume and getting my bearings regarding material.

Thanks in advance.

somegeek

I got mine at TAP plastics here in Redmond/Seattle area.

The weakest part of the Rivets are the rivets themselves falling out. The plastic isn't hard enough to make a solid hold so eventually I started using Rivets with Washers. Which is what I would recommend if you can.

It was the thinest styrene. I think an eighth of an inch.

Also, that Batman is a fellow rpf'er, he is on here somewhere.

Do you recall if you used 1/8" or 1/16" styrene? I see TAP plastics sells either.

Styrene High-Impact : TAP Plastics

Thanks in advance.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back