Witch-king of Angmar (Finished) With Templates (12/29/2012)

Re: WIP: Witch-king of Angmar

Thanks for the responses all. I haven't been working on this much lately, but I'm about to start back up on it soon. I've had a ton of requests for templates, so I really should set something like that up.

The only hard part is the knuckles. They are a pain to make. I finally have a small vacuform table so my next batch would be easier.

i brushed through and couldnt find the answer but what did you use to make such nice cuts through the plastic

I'm guessing you are refering to how to cut styrene. I either use scissors for trimming. but the best way is to use a boxcutter and lightly score the plastic along your cut lines. Then just snap it apart. Styrene is really easy to cut.

I'll try to have some updates on this soon finally.

one of the best ways to weather fabric is to stretch it out on a fence(I use my dogs chain link run) and leave it outside. It will fade, discolor etc. in random spots and get thrown around in wind and storms giving a natural aging worn appearance. If you got that kind of time.

Over the last two weeks I've dusted off this costume (literally) and started the clothing making for it. I'm mostly using long strips of gauze cloth as well as other bits of cloth. Plus I may use bits of my General Kael costume from last year.

Here it is as a test hang on a dummy.

5495930987_47d828bcdf_z.jpg

5495930765_d4588ac7e3_z.jpg

....awesome

how tall are you?

a hair under 6ft, wearing 4in 'frankenstein' boots, and I'm going to have about a 4 extra inches on top, not counting the point. So I'm probably going to be about 6ft8in or so.

The boots arn't ideal and make my feet look huge, but I suppose it doesn't matter that much. I've never been a 100% accurate kind of person, I'm happy enough with 85%.

Also no sword or mace this year, didn't have the time for the sword...although I really wish I did have one.

as am i haha 85% or to my satisfaction haha
awesome youll tower over everything but have you thought about going by a display and costume to get even a cheapy one you can modify in an afternoon?

as am i haha 85% or to my satisfaction haha
awesome youll tower over everything but have you thought about going by a display and costume to get even a cheapy one you can modify in an afternoon?

I can mock up a sword in about an hour if I want a quick one. But I figure if I cant get it right I may as well not bother. I even have an old sword I could use, but I figure I would rather go without a sword for comfort. It's already going to be hot and uncomfortable.

A Few Con Pics below. It's amazing how often people told me to strangle their children, or attack them. Lots of fun.

Costume held up well, despite the left foot breaking before I even got in the front door. Gloves over the day became a pain to take off, on account of all the sweat...

A fun day overall. Next time I'm going to wear a few more layers to fill it out a bit. After seeing the pictures i realized that using those two extra layers I didn't use would have made a big difference. But it was the hottest day in Seattle all year.

A few people asked me where I bought my costume. The judges at the masquerade also asked who made my mask. Everyone thought my costume was metal also, until I told them it was lightweight plastic. I love styrene.

5501101639_8666cc439b.jpg

Spike and Me.

5503485776_d61ee846cd_z.jpg

Take My Hand

5503847995_804fe4d0e5_o.jpg

5504656473_28dd473c53_z.jpg

and Batman

Very nice work with the styrene. If I saw you at a con I would think the armor was made of metal too.

I'm about to start on a witch king, will be doing the helmet out of cardboard, fiberglass, and bondo, then do all the armor pieces out of 26 gauge steel.

Oh man, this is incredible! Never knew plastic could look so much like metal, mind blowing. Amazing job!

Yet another costume added to my "must make before I die" list, haha. XD

Wow you're doing an amazing job! I gotta say it is looking scarier and scarier (this guy freaks me the hell out)!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back