Witch-king of Angmar (Finished) With Templates (12/29/2012)

Re: WIP: Witch-king of Angmar

This is looking really good man, now when do I get to come over and play?.

Also, if you're gonna remake the gloves eight more times, and I know for a fact you will, what are you gonna do with the others? Just don't throw them away.

cheers!

Well Siyoum, I think the end goal is to make the Nine and decend on a convention in mass, thus needing eight more gloves.

Dude, want paint did you use for your arms and gloves? can you tell me the color and make of the paint? thanks!! that WIP is soooooooooooooo PIMP!

It's Rustoleum Hammered Metal Spraypaint. Then I use acrylic grey's, blacks, and browns for the weathering.

I'm double replying to my own thread, how sad is that. Here are some more updates for the curious. This is one of those costumes, where all I see is how not accurate it is, but It is still turning out pretty well, and I know I've learned alot in the process.

4662094451_c60fa41d62.jpg

All the pieces I have cut out and molded, except for the helm.
4662716110_4857b9a568.jpg

A quick 'myspace pic' showing the movement of the wrist. The arm is pretty comfortable. I sacrificed some authenticity for comfort... which on here I think is a crime.
4662716460_9b9e220a23.jpg

Finally a closeup of the shoulder so far, the weathering I did to the plastic is a bit rough, but it gives it a little bit of texture.

It's all held together by rivets, and bits of thick leather, which is considerably stronger than the plastic.

So that is my current progress, next is the boots and legs, then making the cloak and robe. I'm looking at using black gauze cloth, as it is cheap, lightweight, rough looking, and comfortable to wear. Any suggestions on how to fade it out?

A quick 'myspace pic' showing the movement of the wrist. The arm is pretty comfortable. I sacrificed some authenticity for comfort... which on here I think is a crime.

You're right, it is a crime, a crime of passion.

Further, I knew the nine people plan, What I'm saying is that you will remake everyone's gloves 9 time's.

not that that's a crime of course.
cheers :lol

Ok so i wanna see your Mace! You have to build one...

I actually told myself that I wasn't going to make the mace... because it's just too big of a project..it would be heavy... hard to carry at a convention... You know.... plus, no girl would ever talk to me again if I had a massive mace hanging from my wall....

so yeah, I'm probably going to have to make the mace.

Anyone know where I can get a felbeast? I will only need it for a weekend.

4687015953_aa103ea6e4.jpg

I decided to throw up another WIP. Here are the Greaves and Knees so far. I'm only semi happy with them, but part of the look is worn out and rough, so I didn't put a ton of effort into making them smooth, I just kept them rough and bent out of shape.

The knee guard was especially difficult considering my ghetto methods of heatgun and hand sculpting. It's on my list of things to fix.

I should be done completly with the armor by this weekend, then I will be sewing and gathering fabric.

Very impressive work there! For some reason I find the unpainted white styrene helmet very inspiring, too. Love the pitting and scratches you added to the finished armour :thumbsup

That is looking awesome, I have been planning on making a witch-king helm for a while now, I think I may just be inspired enough to start tonight with the pep version. I wish I had the skills to attempt the gauntlets, yours look spot on.

4687015953_aa103ea6e4.jpg

I decided to throw up another WIP. Here are the Greaves and Knees so far. I'm only semi happy with them, but part of the look is worn out and rough, so I didn't put a ton of effort into making them smooth, I just kept them rough and bent out of shape.

The knee guard was especially difficult considering my ghetto methods of heatgun and hand sculpting. It's on my list of things to fix.

I should be done completly with the armor by this weekend, then I will be sewing and gathering fabric.

First off, Great work for your 1st attempt with styrene. If you plan on make mass product, you may want to think about making a hard template of all the pieces and do a search for DIY vaccum form tables. This way all the pieces will be identical.

Great work here. I don't know if you'd really go for this idea, yet if you want to make black fabric slightly grey, you could leave it out in the sun for a week, or month. I used to work as a cart pusher and walmart had us wear the dark blue shirts and They eventually started to change color.

Your thread actually inspired me to start my own set of armor. It won't be ready in time for Halloween but I thought of a few tricks that you might like mainly in the paint dept. I have tried on a few test pieces but if you look at the armor it has a nice pattern on it. the way I figured on replicating it is simple rattle can and lace. Pick a pattern that looks similar to hat is on the armor and lay it over your piece you want to paint. use a shade lighter than what the armor is of coarse and just mist it. let dry and pull off the lace and voila

Incredible!! I made a Wiintchkg helmet some years ago, but from cardboard and glue. By the way, do you have any templates for the armor???

rey_brujo8_danaedhel.jpg

rey_brujo6_danaedhel.jpg

i brushed through and couldnt find the answer but what did you use to make such nice cuts through the plastic

As a huuuge LotR fangirl, I would just like to say that you are the hero of my life for creating this.

Seriously. Shock and awe. It's A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back