old thread. Delete.

Re: WAR MACHINE COSTUME (Iron Man 2)- WIP -Update May 16 2010

August will be here in a flash you need to motor!! there is never enough time, well maybe thats just me?

Stealth,

If you get in a pinch with finishing the helmet just get one off of Phantom Prophet. I have one and love it. I have a 24.5 inch head and it fits me great. Plenty of room for electronics inside also. Can't wait to see more pics of your progress.

Paul D.

That helmet is way too big for me lol

I'm 5"6. I'd look like a bobblehead.

Thanks though

I'm good. You'll see it soon :)

Thanks quake.
Ill update soon just busy on the war machine helmet sculpt and other things. My goal it to have it done by August for a convention. I'm not really in a hurry :)

Is that for the Fan Expo?

Yeah man. You going as well?

I probably will, I missed last year but went the year before, was my 1st time going to one.

Man it was awesome!

Looking forward to your war machine :p

Nice fade haircut. LOL
Looks closer to a half taper to me...
Amazing work there dude, the legs look very detailed. Must have been quite tedious! I love seeing so many ironman armor progress threads. Really makes me want to get some printed out eventually. Was it trial and error in getting the armor the right size?

Really awesome work there Stealth. Inspiring too. It looks like the scaling is spot on man. Can't wait to see the finished product! :thumbsup

i am amazed at how fast everyone on this site can pep, glass, and get to sanding and refining so fast... i get one day off a week and with everything i need to do around the house. by the time i can start on anything the wife is home and she doesn't like the smell....

Wow, looks great. With Pepakura, does that mean you are constructing this from paper/cardboard, or do I completely not understand?

EDIT: Nevermind. Did some noob reading and answered my own questions.

Last edited:

Does anyone know how to get to the pep file on the 405th, now that they are back up and running? When I click the link, it takes me to the main forum. Thanks

Stealth, I watched your YouTube vid with the Smoothcast. I'm going to have to try that out, but got a question. Do you put anything down before it? Or just put it straight onto the card stock?

wow! i'm only on page one but this looks like it's gonna be better than that war machine on youtube!!!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back