old thread. Delete.

Re: WAR MACHINE COSTUME (Iron Man 2)- WIP -Update May 16 2010

Jeez I need to get into this pepakura stuff!! Maybe the only way I can get into an Iron Man suit.... (plus I am 225! The kits don't fit hips too well)

If your 5.6 You scaled it wonderful. It fits well on you!
That is truly a big benefit with pepakura, scaling to any size.

Stealth, I just saw your Smooth-On vid. have you tried their EpoxAmite laminating epoxy? Cause I'm thinking of using this for the rest of my armor, and it also have a longer pot life (and the benefit of 3 different curing rates).

Looks wonderful! I tried to Pep a Mark IV helmet a few nights ago, and it turned out horribly. I'm in awe of what you've put together.

Yes Sealth is a pep machine.:cool Looking really good man. :thumbsup

Thanks guys. I appreciate the support in getting this done.

@Version

I've never heard of that type of product. I think the smoothcast method is working well enough for me not to change it up.

Unless overall cost of that product you're referring to could be used indoors and was cheaper?

Thanks guys. I appreciate the support in getting this done.

@Version

I've never heard of that type of product. I think the smoothcast method is working well enough for me not to change it up.

Unless overall cost of that product you're referring to could be used indoors and was cheaper?

It's actually made by Smooth-On. I found a retailer by me (32 miles away) and I'll pick up a trial pack. I also bough a cheap $10 paintgun from Harbor Freight so with that product longer pot life I think I'll see how the sprayed on result will look like.

Good work done Stealh!!!

Any updates? :rolleyes

Hola Zabana.

I have some progress but I'm working on sculpting my own war machine helmet.
I can't find a good pep I like so I'm just making my own at the moment.

Isn't Dub working on one?
Post up what ya got, love the wip pics. :cool

yes plz I too would like to see them, if your sculpting abilities are anything like your pep work it's gonna rock

cheers

P.S. Welcome back FH :)

Hola Zabana.

I have some progress but I'm working on sculpting my own war machine helmet.
I can't find a good pep I like so I'm just making my own at the moment.

Yup, Im also looking for better view picture for the war machine, but until now, no clear shot on the real movie suit yet .. I use picture from hot toys figure ...

cant believe i havenet posted on your thread yet man! ive been stalking this thread for a while now. your pep skills are amazing!:thumbsup

Hi Fin,

I click on the link, but appears the link is dead, I get a 404

Thanks quake.
Ill update soon just busy on the war machine helmet sculpt and other things. My goal it to have it done by August for a convention. I'm not really in a hurry :)

cant wait to see that sculpt! maybe i missed it but what kind of clay do you to sculpt with? im wanting to do some scuplting on a headress im working on for my girl. also my suit wont be ready for a con until august as well. im ordering the zentai suit the first of july. im most likely going to be hitting up a nice size one in Austin Nov 12-14th. im soo pumped:)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back