old thread. Delete.

Re: WAR MACHINE COSTUME (Iron Man 2)- WIP -Update May 13 2010

Thanks guys.

I'm getting a lot of pm's about scale. I really don't know what's going to work for you. All I can say is if you like the torso scale you have tried out, scale the rest the same but scale the shouler bells up 10% along with the abs and cod. I really can't get a specific number for your height.

Sorry. I just feel bad to not have an answer. You just have to do some trial and error like I did and others did with any pep project. Possibly building things 1 or 2 time. Its just how it goes.

Me and a friend found what worked very early for our height.

Don't worry there is a lot of freedom with the war machine suit. You can make parts bigger or smaller. It still works. Its less organic than the mark 3 so you can get away with different proportions and it still works.

Thank you

Stealth

Re: WAR MACHINE COSTUME (Iron Man 2)- WIP -Update May 13 2010

strengthened the inside of the entire upper parts minus the guns. I just attatched everything temporarily not really measuring lengths and what not, just mocked up quick to see how it looks on me

I think it flows nicely and mobility is really nice because you can still be a geek and pretend to shoot things without trouble.

The shoulders just move with you when you raise your arms so thats a plus..

hopefully I can start some body work soon, I'm getting sick of seeing it in white. ugh..

oh ignore the muscle suit, its something I tried to make a while back for a superman costume. I just thought it would be good to wear to hold some parts up so they didn't fall, like the biceps and forearms since there is padding there .
(but they started to drop anyways so it was a fail lol)

DSC04556.jpg

Last edited:
Re: WAR MACHINE COSTUME (Iron Man 2)- WIP -Update May 16 2010

Hey wheres your Arc Reactor? LOL Nice job on the suit. Hope my Mark III turns out just as good. What did you strengthen the pieces with? It would help me with mine since I'm about to get started building the Mark III chest and even though it's not a hard build it's only the front of the chest so I was wondering if I could reinforce it without using the support pieces.

I think your doing a nice job, and you got a nice haircut :)
In regards of the muscle suit what type of suit is that. I heard several mention they used muscle suits to hold the armor in place.. Could you share your experience on this theme?

Could you explain how this process works. I've seen it before, but I don't understand how you do it.

Is there software that does it?

You make it first out of paper, but it seems impossible. What are all those little lines telling you?

Do you use special paper?

Could you explain how this process works. I've seen it before, but I don't understand how you do it.

Is there software that does it?

You make it first out of paper, but it seems impossible. What are all those little lines telling you?

Do you use special paper?

I use card stock paper 110lbs

this is a very good explanation of what you're asking about the process

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1648

Read very carefully a lot of your answers are there.

also check the stickies on that forum, a lot of future questions I'm sure you'll have are there aswell as how I learned
by reading those stickies :)

good luck.

Awesome! I saw this a few days ago and just love it. Can I have one? :)

Looks great, Stealth!

How tall are you? I'm working with the same pepakura files and I can't decide on whether to enlarge or shrink the scale to adjusted it so it's proportional to my height (5'8").

I'm 5"6

I just scaled everything to 1.8
And just modified parts like the legs to work for me it should work for you.

Good luck

Thanks for the info, Stealth. :) I just saw your post about scaling up the abs, cod, and shoulders; I wish I caught that earlier because I scaled everything to 1.6!

Anyway, can't wait to see more progress. :)

Yeah man don't forget to do that also. Glad you saw that part.

Dude! great work, I can see my guns will have a happy home. You're a lot better built then I am, so I'm jealous, your suit will look more proportionate. I can't wait to see the rest of the pieces. Did you need the shoulder mini-gun? it will probably look better on you. :lol

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back