SG-1 Replicator Containment Unit ~ Finished ~

bobatrek

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I recently picked up some production made replicators from Legends Memorabilia on eBay and wanted a cool way to display one of them.

I gutted an old Franklin Mint Trek dome (the sculpture was already broken - and who here throws away potential treasure?), added some LED lights from something else old and broken...

It's maybe half done (I need to make some graphics and such), but what I need from you guys is advice as what to use that I can pour into the base to harden as so I can paint over it to hide the wires and make flush the inside of the base.

rcd.jpg

Thanks for any help.

Sean

Last edited:
Re: SG-1 Replicator Containment Device ~ Help Needed ~

Very cool. I've been thinking of doing something similar for my hero block. Just haven't gotten to it yet.

Neat display. I'd worry about using resins/epoxys due to heat. Any chance of getting some smoked or black acrylic cut to fit with the LED holes to match?

Neat display. I'd worry about using resins/epoxys due to heat. Any chance of getting some smoked or black acrylic cut to fit with the LED holes to match?

Even after a long while, the heat is negligible. Here's my finished Unit. I just spray painted the inside a dark chrome/silver and added my decals.

rcu1.jpg

rcu2.jpg

-Sean

Very nice. I may have to get some of those decals from you!

Ill agree. Very nice, really makes it a nice display instead of just a replicator block. It does draw the eye to the block.

Oh and you know you have to give us pics with the LED's on now that its all finished:D

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back