EVER AFTER - Drew Barrymore portrait Da Vinci painting

Max Replica

This is a replica of the Leonardo Da Vinci painting of Drew Barrymore in Ever After: A Cinderella Story. It was made in-house at 20th Century Fox and photo printed on real canvas (not sure technically how but I think they used a large format negative of the original prop) and was given as a gift to only a handful of VIPs from the film's cast and crew. It has never, to my knowledge, been available to anyone else in any other way. Well, except for the few I was able to end up with of course. : )

The portrait is large, measures 10x14 inches, with the surrounding canvas going out a few inches more than that. Really looks like Drew Barrymore as painted by Da Vinci (even down to a replica of his signature). It was based on one of his real paintings.

Here's a pic of the one I have and a screenshot of the one in the movie (I think the one in the movie was actually painted on wood if I remember right).

Last edited:
Nice! One of my faovrite movies!

I've been contemplating doing this porp for a while, but could never find a good enough shot of the top of the painting!!

We may have to talk about getting some of those made!

Oh, and you may want to watermark that image so it doesn't end up "out there" in the world!

Glad you like it. It's only a 32k image so I'm not too worried about it getting out there.
If someone wants to blow it up it's going to look like crap. Then again, if someone wants one of my originals... I may just have to put up a thread in the junkyard or something.
I think I have two extra of them (original studio made). I sold one a few years ago for a lot of money and then just held on to the rest.

Glad you like it. It's only a 32k image so I'm not too worried about it getting out there.
If someone wants to blow it up it's going to look like crap. Then again, if someone wants one of my originals... I may just have to put up a thread in the junkyard or something.
I think I have two extra of them (original studio made). I sold one a few years ago for a lot of money and then just held on to the rest.

If you feel like doing a repro run of these printed out for sale (doubt I could afford one of the originals) I'd be interested as my wife loves this movie.

I second the notion of doing a repro run. Im sure I don't have the money for one of the originals, but Ever After is one of my favorite movies, and I'd love to have a print of that to hang up.

Gregg

Thanks for the interest, but I won't be doing a repro run. I think a repro (printed on canvas) could basically be indistinguishable from the originals, and I don't think that would be fair to the folks that paid a lot of money to have a very rare piece.

But maybe what I would do is make a couple of high quality full-size color photo copies for you guys. They'd still look good but they wouldn't be on canvas so I wouldn't feel like I was devaluing those other pieces.

If I decide to do it I'll put a thread up in the junkyard and mention it here.

P.S. Maybe the originals wouldn't cost as much as you think...

You could always tweak the final image to be different from teh screeenused . . .we did it with Vigo and the Muses, and at one point even the OMNI cover that was going to be released. Something that can't be spotted by an onlooker, but instantly recognizable to teh rest of us?

But maybe what I would do is make a couple of high quality full-size color photo copies for you guys. They'd still look good but they wouldn't be on canvas so I wouldn't feel like I was devaluing those other pieces.

If I decide to do it I'll put a thread up in the junkyard and mention it here.

I hope you do decide to do the photocopy run as I'm trying to introduce my prop addiction to the living room and what better was to start than with this piece hanging on the wall.

P.S. Maybe the originals wouldn't cost as much as you think...

Probably would :cry with funds tight at the moment, oh well!

I couldn't help myself . . . using another image from another member's old meesage( wasn't that you Invicta?), and using your photo to finish the top of the head. took out all the shadows from the frame, and lightened the color up a bit. Still needs ALOT of work.

I'd LOVE to get this going, but my biggest question, is what does your frame look like?

py7ac.jpg

Ah, but does yours include the Da Vinci signature? : )

These were presented to the stars as gifts without frames. The studio wasn't THAT generous - and the movie hadn't made any money yet at that time (these were given out at the completion of principle photography, before the film had even been finished).

My canvases are unframed.

I couldn't help myself . . . using another image from another member's old meesage( wasn't that you Invicta?), and using your photo to finish the top of the head. took out all the shadows from the frame, and lightened the color up a bit. Still needs ALOT of work.

I'd LOVE to get this going, but my biggest question, is what does your frame look like?

py7ac.jpg

Nope sorry mate wasn't me!

If I had a decent printable image it would be on my wall by now.

This is a wonderful piece!
Even though I knew it predates it (by a few good years), the work makes me think of a study for Da Vinci's Madonna of the Rocks.

You could always tweak the final image to be different from teh screeenused . . .we did it with Vigo and the Muses, and at one point even the OMNI cover that was going to be released. Something that can't be spotted by an onlooker, but instantly recognizable to teh rest of us?

You could always write 'This a fake' on the back in felt pen. :lol

(In joke for Doctor Who fans.)

Just cuz I think it's funny, I'm going to point out:
In that movie, Da Vinci pulls the rolled-up Mona Lisa out of a tube.
The Mona Lisa was painted on a plank of wood.
Research fail.

HI, I´m wondering if you still have available the Drew Barrymore portrait for sale on canvas and or if you can provide me a full resh color copie (like a poster). it´s my anniversary and my wife LOVE that movie and fairy tale, so I think that´s a good present for her in our special day.

would you be so nice to contact me in this email and give me more info about that topic?

morfeus4@telefonica.net

thanks in advance!

david

No, I do not have any left. Very sorry.

HI, I´m wondering if you still have available the Drew Barrymore portrait for sale on canvas and or if you can provide me a full resh color copie (like a poster). it´s my anniversary and my wife LOVE that movie and fairy tale, so I think that´s a good present for her in our special day.

would you be so nice to contact me in this email and give me more info about that topic?

morfeus4@telefonica.net

thanks in advance!

david

I see that many people have said this same thing, but I really need to get a replica of this painting. Anyone know where I can get that?

Thanks.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back