The Invisible man - quick glasses q

ob1al

Sr Member
A friend of mine wants to make an invisible man costume.

NO wisecracks about just not turning up to the party.:lol

In the Universal classic, what style of glasses did Claude Reins wear over the bandages? Anyone know?

invisiblemana.jpg

Nice pic. So what are they? I'm not familiar with that style of glasses, it looks like a second set of lenses off to the side of first. Differently shaped too.

I would guess that's a real-world set, rather than a custom made for the film set?

There was another thread about this some time ago. I suggest you try the search function. Someone came up with a really good match, if I recall.

Rick

'Nuther reference, although these are different glasses..seem to be regular "John Lennon" specs in this scene:

http://filmfanatic.org/reviews/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/im-face.jpg

Those look more like glacier glasses than regular Lennon glasses. They have the leather over the bridge and look to have the "blinders" on the side.

edit: Some searching shows that style seems to be used in old welding goggles as well, so that may be a good place to look for the others.

Also, if push comes to shove, there are some tinted Chinese military goggles that could be retrofitted into a pair of glasses similar to those pictured.

Last edited:
I know I'm Necro-posting here and I apologise. But I just got hold of these and thought others might like to see, just to show they are out there if you look closely.....

KGrHqNisE2KVwNUjcBNqDw5Th3g_12.jpg

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back