Lightsaber help?

Wow, you have a great memory! I never did the fins, actually. I really enjoyed the simplicity and elegance without them. I did paint in the grips and a few other areas to add a little flare :)

To Calaeryn: that is some pretty nifty work there. I don't know if this is something you do regularly or not, but you should check out the sites mentioned above. I think you'd be fairly well received by the saber community, and you might learn a few things(especially regarding the electronics part of the hobby).
Thanks...never had any training or anything. Just bought the lathe and some stock and started working. Of course, my first sabers were garbage compared to the stuff in the pics above. I only wish I had more time to devote to it. I have a Kyle Katarn Jedi Outcast saber in the works...

Don't knock the "stock parts" approach though. Like the electronics, that has come a long way as well( as evidenced here), and can be a great way to get into the hobby. Of course, fully machined is great as well.
Sorry...didn't mean to come across as knocking it. It can certainly yield some great results...its just a different approach. My "market" is typically people who have designed their own saber and want to see it brought to life. The ones above are all my own designs so I can do that too, but typically work off of my customer's design.

Wow, you have a great memory! I never did the fins, actually. I really enjoyed the simplicity and elegance without them. I did paint in the grips and a few other areas to add a little flare :)
You know...I really dug that design, particularly thought it would have looked sweet with the fins. I actually still have your design drawings. :lol

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back