DR WHO CYBERMAN VOICE CHANGER HELMET

JBReplicas

Sr Member
As the title says Im looking for any pictures anyones got of the new CYBERMAN voice changer helmet, its supposed to be 1:1 scale so im wondering if its a direct replica of the screen used helmets or a 3/4 size, anyway if anyone can help id appreciate it, many thanks

Joe

Courtesy of the Forbidden Planet.

C9640.jpg

It looks accurate to me from the front. The mouth lights up blue when talking.

Thanks for the photo, ive seen it before and have to say it does look impresive, it does appear to be full size, a common misconception with the new Cybermen is that there heads are roughly the same size as the old ones, actually they are alot smaller, and hug the face quite tightly, I think I might pre-order one of these, a decent paint job would really set one of these off I think

It is 1:1 but one site said that it will just fit an adult sized head. I believe the three holes on the left cheek are buttons that activate 1) phrases from the show, 2) Voice modulation and 3) Sound effects.

Considering how cheap it is £30, my only concern is if you get the whole helmet ie the back.

cybermen-voice-changer.jpg

even if there's no back.. sit it on a shelf in a corner, would be a cool addition to a display i think (unless it looks worse in person) But the lack of back you could live without... as a static display

but its at least more than half of the helmet, if there is no back, shouldnt be too hard to make one for it

After comparing the voice changer with the real prop I have noticed some subtle differences which I've indicated with red arrows. But nothing that a bit of Bondo wouldn't fix.

The neck aslo seems a little more pointed on the real helmet.

well they are calling it a helmet, not a mask =\ guess we wont know until its closer to coming out id guess.

Wow, a decent toy prop replica at a decent price that's over 90% accurate. What IS this world coming to? LOL.

Yeah, I may have to shell out for one of those domes myself. How funny would it be to have on your wall on a mounting plaque like they put deer and boar heads on?

That was my only main concern, I would be very dissapointed if it did turn out to be only the front half as it is a great likeness of the hero prop, but at the same time Im counting on there being a licensed replica produced at some point in the near future, perhaps by This Planet Earth who have just released the new series Dalek replicas??

<div class='quotetop'>(CommanderCody @ Jun 19 2006, 06:26 PM) [snapback]1264033[/snapback]</div>
That was my only main concern, I would be very dissapointed if it did turn out to be only the front half as it is a great likeness of the hero prop, but at the same time Im counting on there being a licensed replica produced at some point in the near future, perhaps by This Planet Earth who have just released the new series Dalek replicas??
[/b]

Assuming you've seen this thread in the Junkyard:-

http://www.rpf.invisionzone.com/index.php?...226&hl=Cyberman

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back