DUNE (1984): Atreides Frigate

Monsoontide

Hi folks.

Have been working on this for a while now - initially based on screen grabs and reference shots from around the web, then updated using the original blueprints that DUNE production artist Ron Miller was kind enough to lend to ME.
Here is the 3D model I made:

View attachment 25233

View attachment 25234

View attachment 25238

And here it is prepped by a friend for 3D printing/Rapid protoyping

View attachment 25235

View attachment 25236

View attachment 25237

Now I'm just waiting to see the results...

Great work. I don't exactly love the ships of Dune, but I don't exactly hate them either. One thing is for sure, you won't have people saying "oh god, not another one of those" when you display it. :D

Seriously, really nice work. Keep us posted!

The Atreides frigate is such a gorgeous design and that is a fantastic model you have their Monsoontide, I'm really envious! I love to see such enduring passion for these (imo) works of art.

I'm not sure if you have these but if not they may be handy for reference, shots of a screen used model: -

1522_3.jpg

1273_3.jpg

0919_3.jpg

184f_3.jpg

0c37_3.jpg

0f3c_3.jpg

1b46_3.jpg

1f1f_3.jpg

2c35_3.jpg

22fd_3.jpg

25d5_3.jpg

Yep! I already have those pix from ebay!
Rather envious Myself!
There's a lot of crazy detail in that larger model that I did not incorporate into My 3d model and as a result its not in the physical printout.

Here's another picture to give you a better idea of the scale of the piece (Those are not My hands!)

View attachment 25756

That's a good enough scale Monsoontide, great stuff. I reckon it would go well with the entrance to a Guild Heighliner as your next project!

Picked one of these up at W'fest. Castings so clean you could eat off them. :lol

Thanks for the screen-used shots!!

Just received mine in the mail today!

Quite bizarre to finally hold in My hand something I have been only able to look at in the computer for the past couple of years!

Started sanding a couple of the rough edges of the parts and will post photos of the build soon!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back