Stephen King Props

wiccaryan

Hey everyone, I've been re-reading "Misery" and i was just wondering if anyone had replicated anything from a Stephen King novel or a movie based on his novels?

E.g. Annie Wilkes' scrapbook/photo album "Memory Lane"? or perhaps a copy of Paul Sheldon's "Misery" books?

I'm a major Stephen King fan, so please post your replicas or perhaps replicas you'd like to have from his universe?

Love Stephen king, only tackled a couple of sculpts of the IT clown myself
penny.jpg

IMG_0019-1.jpg

116_0077.jpg

I've toyed around with the idea of scratchbuilding a Word Processor like the one described in Word Processor of the Gods (which was adapted into an episode of Tales form the Dark Side) and maybe even my own interpretation of Roland's revolvers from The Dark Tower series.

I originally had a faux Boarding Pass for American Pride, Flight 29 (the plane in the story) that was given out by Walden Books back in 1995 as a promotion for the TV mini-series adaptation of The Langoliers. I recall one detail of the Boarding Pass, which it had LAX as the Departure Point, and the Destination on the Boarding Pass was blank (instead of having Boston listed there, which was where all the characters were going in the story. I guess they left it blank as a tongue-in-cheek reference to what happens in the story). Unfortunately, I do not know what happened to it, but I can assume it is either thrown away a long time ago or it may be in a storage bin and possibly in bad condition. I would love to do one myself, but I can't be sure what information goes on it.

There are tons of things that can be done:
1. nearly all the novels mentioned in many of the novels and short stories
2. The "Rose Madder" painting, Edgar Freemantle's paiintings from Duma Key and the painting of "The Road Virus Heads North" (from the short story with the same title, adapted for the Nightmares and Dreamscapes TV mini-series).
3. The Army Men and accompanying Storage Footlocker from Battleground (also adapted for the Nightmares and Dreamscapes TV mini-series)
4. A flyer for Quitters, Inc. (from the short story in the Night Shift story collection, adapted into a segment for the movie Cat's Eye)
Amongst others...

I would love a print of the Dark Tower painting the guy's doing in The Mist.

The guy is named David Drayton (the character, not the actor). I can't recall if he does a painting in the novella, or if he did what it was, but the painting in the film is one of two only "Dark Tower" connections that I have heard about. The second is the mist itself. in one of the short stories that is scattered through the "Gunslinger Born" comic series, it talks about a rip occurring in the world and a mist with creatures within pouring out. The mist is referred to as a "thinny," which is a weak spot in reality where the fabric of reality is work thin.

King's included so many things in his novels, novellas and short stories, only to be expanded on for the many film adaptations of. I know someone here not too long ago asked about the rock hammer used by Andy in The Shawshank Redemption. Heck, I've even come across a 1958 Plymouth Belvedere made over to be the Fury from John Carpenter's adaptation of Christine at a car show.

The guy is named David Drayton (the character, not the actor). I can't recall if he does a painting in the novella, or if he did what it was, but the painting in the film is one of two only "Dark Tower" connections that I have heard about. The second is the mist itself. in one of the short stories that is scattered through the "Gunslinger Born" comic series, it talks about a rip occurring in the world and a mist with creatures within pouring out. The mist is referred to as a "thinny," which is a weak spot in reality where the fabric of reality is work thin.

King's included so many things in his novels, novellas and short stories, only to be expanded on for the many film adaptations of. I know someone here not too long ago asked about the rock hammer used by Andy in The Shawshank Redemption. Heck, I've even come across a 1958 Plymouth Belvedere made over to be the Fury from John Carpenter's adaptation of Christine at a car show.

David Drayton, in the movie, was an artist who specialized in movie posters. The canvases in his studio were movie posters that he'd been working on. It was a little tip of the hat to those of us who love the Dark Tower and who've been clamoring for a live-action version of the series.

I'M not clamoring for one--they'll ruin it!

But back to your original question: there are lots of King movie props floating around. Shawshank Redemption props are perennial faves around here.

If you want Christine clones, check here:
http://christinecarclub.com/

I've got a '57 Plymouth Savoy 4-door sedan I eventually want to build as a representation of the novel version (not the movie 2-door version)...but, that's for another time (when I get some of these other projects done....:wacko)
RD57Savoy03.jpg

BTW, I'm diggin' your Pennywise sculpts, Frosty....very nice! :thumbsup

I'm in the process of drafting patterns for a version of ol' Mr. Bob Gray's clown suit, for myself to wear on Halloween this year....right now, I'm kind of stuck trying to figure out the best way to build/sculpt Pennywise's bulging crown, though; I need an appliance I could use more than once, but be easy to apply. I've flirted with using a Woochie bald cap, but the latex is too thin to work effectively....my current experiment is using a child's vinyl playground ball (cut to shape), adding the hair, stiffening the interior, and thinning the edge to make it easier to apply...I've got an existing thread here that I'll post pics to, once I get it to work effectively! :cool
Rob

Thanks, and love the idea for the car! as for pennywise loved the tim curry look, not sure on the spider at the end though, nothing like i pictured, thats the beauty of reading though, everyones got a different idea of how it should be.
Good luck on the makeup, sounds like a fun project

David Drayton, in the movie, was an artist who specialized in movie posters. The canvases in his studio were movie posters that he'd been working on. It was a little tip of the hat to those of us who love the Dark Tower and who've been clamoring for a live-action version of the series.

Not only that, the majority of the posters that you see in his workshop, other than the one he is working on are from an actual poster artist named Drew Struzan. One of the works you can see hanging is the poster art for John Carpenter's The Thing.

I tried to see if I could find a picture of the promotional boarding pass for the mini-series, but no luck. I even tried DeviantArt and found this picture. Apparently, its part of the plane and terminal that was used for the actual filming: http://redmannine.deviantart.com/art/WhatThe-Langoliers-Left-Behind-37592300

Last edited:
I've considered on doing one of Roland's guns, but the problem is that I haven't read any of the novels, I have the first novel on Audio CD and the first "Dark Tower" comic series from Marvel.

I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before, but I've thought about doing my own mock-versions of the American Pride airplane tickets of the Survivors of American Pride Flight 29 (I've even thought about buying a Boeing 767 model and painting it to make the novella version of the plane).

Another one would be some props of the short story adaptations of episodes of "Tales from the Darkside" like the homemade Word Processor from "Word Processor of the Gods"

I've got plenty of Shawshank items :)

Red's harmonica
Red's compass
Production made prison guard patches
Screen used Jigger's prison uniform
Lucky Strikes carton
Andy's whiskey bottle
Benson's tin with correct contents
Warden's bible

I'm sure there are some more but I can't remember right now...

I've also made Andy's fake Randall Stephens IDs and the postcard plus Red's prison parole file.

Eh, thought I'd pull this thread back out of necro-land rather than start a new one....

I think I FINALLY (after about a year) got my hands on a 'correct' Marsh Wheeling cigar box from the Green Mile! There are quite a few 8 cent boxes out there, but a 5 cent box had proven nearly impossible for me to track down, and that was kind of a necessity if I wanted an accurate open-box display with his spool and bed.

Finally got one, it showed up today!! (sorry for not the greatest pics) (and yeah Shawshank tins in the back :p )

f0dh250x0iuxz7x4g.jpg

bj1bcvgdwk4scj74g.jpg

According to a description from Premier Props for one of the original 8 cent boxes:

"An interesting detail is that the inside of the lid (which is not seen in the sequence) shows the price of the cigars as 8 cents. It was discovered during production that the actual price at the time the film is suppose to take place was 5 cents. Therefore this prop was used only for showing the outside of the box. To keep continuity, the prop department put a special stamp on the lid that says: "New Price", so that the interior of the lid would not be photographed."

The 5 cent box is definitely more aged-looking than my 8 cent box, but the tax stamps look great and the condition will work great for an end-of-movie box. Now I just have to get the spool made..... :lol

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back