Iron Man 2 question, mega spoiler . .maybe?

Rhett J Martin

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Okay, so I saw this at midnight last night, and apart from loving it . . .i kept finding little things in the film from past marvel movies, indicating that these movies may be moving along in the same time line.

So . . . was that Thor replacing Whiplash in the prison? The guy looked and awful lot like a crazy norse George Kirk?!

So . . . was that Thor replacing Whiplash in the prison? The guy looked and awful lot like a crazy norse George Kirk?!

No. Though Thor was supposedly in the prison though but the shot is out of focus and you cannot tell. If you watch it again, if you look at the screens toward the end while Fury is talking to Stark there is news footage about the Hulk. Apparently Iron Man takes place before the most recent Hulk movie.

So, now we only have to find Hank Pym, his wife, the Scarlet witch, the original human torch, Hawkeye and then we have an Avengers movie, right? ;)

The original comic Avengers were Ant-Man, Wasp, Thor, Iron Man, and the Hulk. Ant-Man became Giant-Man at the end of the 2nd issue, Hulk left in the 3rd issue, and Captain America was found and joined the team in the 4th Issue.

Scarlet Witch, Hawkeye, and Vision didn't join until much later.

so why did thors hammer end up in new mexico, is it send down by the gods for him to find or something? I dont know the character well

The original comic Avengers were Ant-Man, Wasp, Thor, Iron Man, and the Hulk. Ant-Man became Giant-Man at the end of the 2nd issue, Hulk left in the 3rd issue, and Captain America was found and joined the team in the 4th Issue.

All that story would take four years in a Marvel comic nowadays, not four months. Those things were dense.

The current Avenger line up movie-wise is Thor, Captain America, Hulk, and Iron Man. No mention of anyone else, though it has been speculated that another avenger or two may appear in the Cap movie (i.e. the Pyms) and there is a script being written for Ant-man to supposedly come out by 2012.

And even though some people say that was Thor in the blurry prison shot, I still don't believe it was. There was nothing even remotely conclusive about it, not like the Hulk footage or the shield and hammer, it was just some blurry guy with facial hair.

Ryu

All that story would take four years in a Marvel comic nowadays, not four months. Those things were dense.

The main reason why I don't buy single comic books anymore. I just wait for the graphic novel and read the whole story arc in one sitting.

The current Avenger line up movie-wise is Thor, Captain America, Hulk, and Iron Man. No mention of anyone else, though it has been speculated that another avenger or two may appear in the Cap movie (i.e. the Pyms) and there is a script being written for Ant-man to supposedly come out by 2012.

And even though some people say that was Thor in the blurry prison shot, I still don't believe it was. There was nothing even remotely conclusive about it, not like the Hulk footage or the shield and hammer, it was just some blurry guy with facial hair.

Ryu

Hawkeye's rumored to be in the Avengers film... Jeremy Renner's rumored to play him.

Is the same Antman flick that Edgar Wright was supposed to do?

The main reason why I don't buy single comic books anymore. I just wait for the graphic novel and read the whole story arc in one sitting.

Funny you should say that. My comic book company has been putting its graphic novel money where my graphic novel mouth is since 1999. :)

Hawkeye's rumored to be in the Avengers film... Jeremy Renner's rumored to play him.

Is the same Antman flick that Edgar Wright was supposed to do?

Oh yeah, I read that as well about Hawkeye.

Yeah, supposedly Edgar Wright. Read that they were doing a 2nd draft of the script and trying to get him back on it after he's done with Scott Pilgrim. Who knows what will actually happen.

Ryu

Ryu

Black Widow is also slated to be in the Avengers. They're following more of the Ultimates universe with the current crop of movies which means the line up in the Avengers SHOULD be: Captain America, Iron Man, Black Widow, Thor, Ant Man, Wasp, and Hulk.

Okay, so I saw this at midnight last night, and apart from loving it . . .i kept finding little things in the film from past marvel movies, indicating that these movies may be moving along in the same time line.

no he was just being a dead body for someone to identify as whiplash got to escape. Thor's hammer and the Avengers folder was really the only lead in for them.
I just it and I really liked it. It's the first movie I have watched at the theater in like 2 years without downloading it first and watching it at home..wow. I still know why i hate the theater , Was full and only like 10 people stayed to see the crater and the hammer

No. Though Thor was supposedly in the prison though but the shot is out of focus and you cannot tell. If you watch it again, if you look at the screens toward the end while Fury is talking to Stark there is news footage about the Hulk. Apparently Iron Man takes place before the most recent Hulk movie.

I just got back from watching the movie, and now you tell me!! LOL!!

Thor speculation/rumor spoiler

Thor is supposed to take place entirely on Asgard during Ragnorok (sp?). I'm guessing Thor's hammer falls to earth at the end. They will find Thor on earth too either at the end of Thor or beginning of Avengers.

Personally, I think following the Ultimates story lines and having the Avengers have to go after Hulk to bring him in would be a cool movie. But whatever it is they will have to have a big threat in order to need all of them. Like a Skrull invasion or something.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back