Gizmo from the My science project movie

Okay, this is really weird... I saw this sculpture at a neon museum in LA, and the first thing I thought of was the My Science Project device (it's a modern sculpture). So I took a picture to share with you guys. Then I glanced at the little plaque and realized it says 'Larry Albright, Sculptor'! I just thought that was kind of cool... :cool

Does anyone know Larry Albright...did he make the Gizmo and are there any blue prints to make one...I mean if there are plans out there to build ghost buster packs, traps ect...then there has to be lead on building the gizmo.....

This is one necro post that needs to happen. I really like this movie growing up. I am going to build this "gizmo" after i finish the ZF. Hopefully begining of the year. I already found a vintage plasma ball. With all the laser cutters out there now the brass stuff shouldn't be that hard to get made. Since this thread has been dead for 4 years now i hope by pushing it up again maybe we can get some new info, screenshots or anything out of it so,

BUMP!!!

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

This is a MUCH loved prop as you know that is still so elusive....

I'm sure that someone from the movie set might have kept it :x, it's such a nice piece, that would be really silly to throw it away

Oh I'm sure it is in someones collection.

Supposedly someone saw it at Disney and went back and it was gone

I loved this movie... and someone mentioned The Wraith.. another of my childhood favs..
I have never seen a working plasma globe with metal internals.. all the commercial ones I've seen (including the larger ones our science museum had many years ago) were glass centers. My father bought one for his office (electronic engineer) back in the late 80's.
FWIW I would go 10-12" globe. 8 is going to be too small i think from the relation of his hand to the globe in the caps showing him wiping it with the rag.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back