Gizmo from the My science project movie

I love that movie...I actually saw it again about a month ago..It was on TV - I am really shocked anyone else knew about...

I thought I was the only on. :eek

I just ordered the movie today off Amazon so I will see how hard or easy it would be to make one,,,Man I wish someone with more talent would take this project on.

Well Basically it is a Tesla Globe with the two end pieces that have the Alien Glyph's on it.

When you pull out two arms or levers and push them back in a Panel rotates and the glyphy's and Globe light up and Power up.

Somebody on this Board could do it, I have no doubt about that.

Sadly no it seems. :(

This Prop is brought up every now and then on this board and the Thread disapears fast.

Just saw you "join" date so I guess I am not telling you anything new.

yup...this september I will have been a member here for 8 years....I surly would have thought that someone would have some kind of info on this. Hmmmmmmm

<div class='quotetop'>(prop fan @ Jul 1 2006, 07:37 PM) [snapback]1272286[/snapback]</div>
yup...this september I will have been a member here for 8 years....I surly would have thought that someone would have some kind of info on this. Hmmmmmmm
[/b]

Well, you know what the tragic thing is, A Member here probably has the Screen-Used one and won't post because of how he obtained it.

<div class='quotetop'>(Paradox @ Jun 30 2006, 02:58 PM) [snapback]1271642[/snapback]</div>
Ok, who's got screenshots?

-G
[/b]
I can post some screenshots, but it won't be until Wednesday (I won't have access to the PC with the necessary software until then). So if no one else steps up before then, I'll get on it.

(Might wanna amend the thread title to warn as image intensive. :D)

Stormtroopers? Here? Oh, I'm terribly sorry, no, no, please don't get up - - - cCHT*

Cover this car in shaving cream & flour until you've found those plans! And bring me the passengers, I want them alive!!!

That's about every decent shot I could find of the Gizmo.

P.S. I can just see the thread now: "The M.S.P. Buckets" :lol

Last edited:
Great Caps Bro. :)

That Prop never got its due imo. :(

It was brilliantly designed and executed.

Nexus, I really appreciate the pics. However, this page has been loading for a hell of a long time now... and I'm at the corporate headquarters for a very large retailer where multiple OC3s are headended (I won't say where, but the trademark logo looks like a bullseye).

Possible for a "thumbnail-click-to-enlarge" update? :D

-G

<div class='quotetop'>(Paradox @ Jul 6 2006, 04:25 PM) [snapback]1275393[/snapback]</div>
Nexus, I really appreciate the pics. However, this page has been loading for a hell of a long time now... and I'm at the corporate headquarters for a very large retailer where multiple OC3s are headended (I won't say where, but the trademark logo looks like a bullseye).

Possible for a "thumbnail-click-to-enlarge" update? :D

-G
[/b]
Hmmm, well imageshack seems to be having a problem at the moment, cuz they aren't loading for me at all right now. Each picture is approximately 50 KB in size, so the whole shooting match is less than 2 MB.

If they don't come back a bit, I'll re-up them using the thumbnail option.

Crap...well I see it will have to be left to someone else to build it as it looks way to hard for me. I wouldnt even know where to start...Great pics though, thanks for posting them.

<div class='quotetop'>(Paradox @ Jul 10 2006, 03:48 PM) [snapback]1278090[/snapback]</div>
Well, let's start with the obvious:

- Plasma Ball in center, 8" or 10" (not sure)

Next. :lol

-G
[/b]

yup but that aint no normal plasma ball. i have had 4 over the last 15 yrs.

looks very high voltage and the inner electrode / electrodes look weird compared to all i have seen.

maybe one of the early high priced rare gas types.

john :cool

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back