024.jpg

025-1.jpg

005-6.jpg

009-2.jpg

015-3.jpg

018-1.jpg

Great job!

Still waiting for mine which supposedly was packed ready to go last month

Your metal armature seems to fit nice and flush around pylons, did you have to do any mods?
and what colors did you use?

GFollano

Last edited:
So, if we forbid the term studio scale, would the Interceptor be 1/24? I've seen threads on this subject, but they've gone nowhere.

Sexy Dave....no not you Dave, the model :lol really nice work bud, and great to see some more from you, Steve and John did a bang up job on this bird. Oh and, freaky, but, she's more blue in the reflection...thats just plain weird lol.

lee

Thanks fellas. The build was a dream. Very little sanding etc. Not a single bubble on this kit. Yes I believe it is 1/24. The paint in person is much more blue than the pics show. It looks electric blue when I take a pic with the flash. But it washes out all the details so I left those pics off. This color is the correct Tamiya color. I'm actually more partial to the regular TIE, just because I'm an ANH nut!!! Thank you so much for the kind words everyone. Hearing it from you fellas is a true compliment indeed. :)

It is not currently lighted, but all it would take is drilling a tiny pilot hole thru the engine exhausts and wire it up inside to a couple red LEDs. I may very well do this at some point. :)

Dave

PS, the top hatch, front canopy, wing center covers and bottom button are all removeable. I added some 1/4-20 connectors into the main armature for all 6 axes and I can simply screw into a standard panavise mount for photography purposes. Just like the original except for the 1/4" connectors. There is a sweet sliding panel behind the pilot's seat that reveals the connector thru the front canopy. I painted up both the TIE pilot and the military pilot which both came with the kit. As you know ILM used the military pilot in the cockpit of the TIEs. I can interchange them for fun.

Last edited:
Gorgeous Dave !
The Interceptir is my fav TIE, then the TESB, ANH and finally the DV's (which I dont like at all lol).

What do you mean by military pilot ?

Actually he looks more like a racecar driver to me. I have no idea where he came from but he was used on an original TIE so I really don't know what to call him.....LOL. I'm not sure which kit he came from. :)

Hi Dave,

Lovely job!
Can you tell me what colours you used as I have a DV Tie and i'm planning on putting it together and painting it soon......

Tamiya colors. TS-32 for the gray color and matte flat black I mixed the two for the shade in between on the doodads on either side of the cockpit window.

Dave :)

Hi Dave,

Lovely job!
Can you tell me what colours you used as I have a DV Tie and i'm planning on putting it together and painting it soon......

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back