Where to get a resin Star Trek Tricorder, Boomerang phaser and plasma rifle kit?

Unimatrix01

Hi all,

I'm pretty new to this site but long time prop and Star Trek fan!

I did recently find a site newmoonprops that make or should I say made props or should I say recasts?????

Well, I did make a couple of purchases but didn't manage to get a resin tricorder befor the site virtually took 2 3rds of it's stock away.

I would love to own a replica tricorder, boomerang phaser and if possible a plasma rifle like the ones used in the early Voyager episodes.

If anyone can help then i'd really appreciate it.

Hope to hear back soon.

Craig

This post is better suited for the junkyard. Kick back and stay a while. Use the search function to dig a little.

First of all... welcome to one of the best, in my opinion, prop boards out there!
There are a ton of very talented people here who are happy to share their knowledge with you. This is a great place to learn and to even obtain some great prop replicas.

That being said... you should maybe check back over the terms of service or "the rules"...
The Junkyard is what you need if you're just looking to score some pre-built props. But you have to meet some requirements before you can use that part of the site.

As far as your quest goes... using the search function on the site will lead you to, dare I say, a TON of threads of people building their own phasers and tricorders.
But if you're still just looking to score some quick items... Roddenberry.com will be your best bet. They have kits and finished versions of a very large selection of Trek props... AND they were built by the same folks that built them for the show! You can't get any better than that!

So, good luck and I hope you find what you're after... more so, I hope you have fun and enjoy the board. You really can learn a lot here and start becoming a prop builder in your own right.
Take care.

Yea, I hated having to wait for Junkyard access in the begining...

but at least now I can, and I'm gonna get my Horga'hn!

PM me, I might be able to point you in the right direction....

Yeah, Roddenberry.com has the probably the best kits of the stuff you're looking for. Of course, it's a little spendy. Of course, there's always the junkyard here... you can't post there for a little while, but you can still view it as well as send pm's. Then of course, you can find kits occassionally posted on evilbay.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back